Its that motivation and confidence that RIM has in their products thats going to bring more developers in. RIM truly wants to show the world that developing for BlackBerry isnt some crazy ridiculous hassle thats not worthy of anyones time. Research in Motion knows that if you put the products in the developers hands, the possibilities become real and thus, endless in number.
    What To Expect From BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour | NerdBerry.net
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-08-12 03:34 AM
    Great article, I can't wait for BB10 and the huge flood of apps when it launches. It makes sense to me that apps won't launch until BB10 is launched due to the fact that most developers will want to take advantage of the new tools and Cascades. Games on the other hand can be released without worrying about that which explains why we see tons of new games but very little apps. BB10 is going to change how people view Blackberry as a brand and RIM as a company. I for one am super excited.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-08-12 08:51 AM
    One aspect of the day particularly stuck out to me; I was sitting beside a man who has only ever developed for iOS, was typing away on his iPhone and kept checking his email on his iPad but the moment I pulled out my PlayBook and begin swiping across the screen and making things happen that I’m sure baffled him, his interest rose tenfold. I got to show him how different things worked on the screen and I could tell that he was impressed from everything I was able to share. But that wasn’t the exact moment, it was when a RIM employee walked by and noticed him messing around with my PlayBook while surrounded by all of his iOS devices and stopped to chat for a few moments before telling the man, without hesitation, that the employee would make sure that he left BlackBerry 10 Jam with a PlayBook. And you know what? He did.
    That is better advertising than anything the RIM marketing people could ever come up with. Whoever
    the RIM EE is that did this deserves a medal for seeing and seizing the opportunity to promote the
    Playbook and foster goodwill towards RIM. Good job!!
    Superfly_FR and jakie55 like this.
    06-08-12 12:01 PM
    That is better advertising than anything the RIM marketing people could ever come up with. Whoever
    the RIM EE is that did this deserves a medal for seeing and seizing the opportunity to promote the
    Playbook and foster goodwill towards RIM. Good job!!
    Glad you went threw the article
    06-08-12 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD