Yep I'm done with RIM. Gonna pick up the Droid 2 global next week.

I don't know if I'll come back to BB or not. I think it would almost have to be a "godfather" like offer I couldnt refuse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 08:01 PM
    Yep I'm done with RIM. Gonna pick up the Droid 2 global next week.

I don't know if I'll come back to BB or not. I think it would almost have to be a "godfather" like offer I couldnt refuse.

I would probably recommend one of the newly announced phones on Verizon over a Droid 2. But hey, it's most likely better than the BlackBerry you own.
    01-23-11 08:05 PM
    It sounds likenits vzm's problem. I'm on att and I don't have any problems getting emails. If it was a rim problem then why is it limited to 1 carrier and area's?

01-23-11 08:09 PM
    It sounds likenits vzm's problem. I'm on att and I don't have any problems getting emails. If it was a rim problem then why is it limited to 1 carrier and area's?

Well...part of the problem is that it is difficult to determine who is responsible. On verizon it is only blackberry devices that are affected so verizon tells me it is rim...the only way to talk to rim is to pay money.
    01-23-11 08:19 PM

Actually, it's not unusual at all to have a BIS outage be carrier specific.
    01-23-11 08:20 PM
    No outage on sprint.

01-23-11 08:34 PM
    You seem like you're bound and determined to leave RIM and bad-mouth them as much as possible on your way out the door no matter what anybody says. Ok, your choice, your decision.

But did it ever occur to you in could be your network?
    01-23-11 08:59 PM
    You seem like you're bound and determined to leave RIM and bad-mouth them as much as possible on your way out the door no matter what anybody says. Ok, your choice, your decision.

But did it ever occur to you in could be your network?
    He's on Verizon, I doubt it's the network.
    01-23-11 09:06 PM
    He's on Verizon, I doubt it's the network.
    Seems to me he's just bound and determined to leave RIM and spread some miscontent on the way out the door. Whatever happened to the days when if people weren't happy with something they simply chose to go to another product?

Nowadays it's allabout how this is better than that and anyone using this is behind the times. So much hate.

With that said, I suggested it may be the network because others (unless they're Verizon) haven't reported similar issues. So, maybe just maybe, there could be some other explanation besides RIM makes a terrible product.

01-23-11 09:14 PM
    Seems to me he's just bound and determined to leave RIM and spread some miscontent on the way out the door. Whatever happened to the days when if people weren't happy with something they simply chose to go to another product?

Nowadays it's allabout how this is better than that and anyone using this is behind the times. So much hate.

With that said, I suggested it may be the network because others (unless they're Verizon) haven't reported similar issues. So, maybe just maybe, there could be some other explanation besides RIM makes a terrible product.

If there is any venom pointed anywhere, it's pointed by former Blackberry users toward RIM. Too many former users feel like RIM had played rope a dope with their hard earned money for too long.
    01-23-11 09:29 PM
    If there is any venom pointed anywhere, it's pointed by former Blackberry users toward RIM. Too many former users feel like RIM had played rope a dope with their hard earned money for too long.
    Every manufacturer and every carrier is going to squeeze your wallet for every dollar they can get.
    01-23-11 10:00 PM
    Anyone who doesnt see that Blackberry is superior in email is crazy. Ive used Iphone and android and as communication devices (Email and messaging) they were challenging to say the least. It sounds like the issue is an isolated one. Ive never had any issue with RIMs email and ive used it on Sprint,ATT, and Verizon. We understand that you guys all want to be the latest one to dis RIM and boast your exit. Just go get your flashy toy. I really hope it works out for you. As for the ones of us who need top level communication and the best in productivity we arent going anywhere.
    01-23-11 10:20 PM
    call me crazy then. My email and overall messaging experience being on a BB w/BIS vs android has android in front. Being able to have full access to all email in all my folders and no truncated emails wins easy
    01-23-11 10:38 PM
    Actually, it's not unusual at all to have a BIS outage be carrier specific.
    Can you explain this to me. How much of the connection does rim carry out? Meaning what is the routening? I was under the inpression that on a BIS the carrier makes all the connections but uses rims protocals.

01-23-11 10:51 PM
    Verizon told me that all data goes through RIMs server and they only have one. They told me this even included the VCast song ID. I have trouble believing this statement by Verizon's Tech Support since my son has VCast song ID and doesn't own a BB. I haven't checked to see if he is having the same issue with the song ID.
    However, for RIM to have such large customer base and still only have one server for North America is a very bad business sense. And they obviously aren't prepared for such an outage by not providing a back-up server. It seems that they really don't have much regard for their customers in NA. I already know that Verizon could care less for their customers, just like the other carriers. After all, they are in business to make money, not happy customers.
    This latest outage is ridiculous. Whoever has the outage is completely irresponsible to their customers, whether it is RIM or Verizon. Bottom line is, RIM is making one think that their phones are capable of much more than they actually can handle. I am getting the same feeling about their service as well.
    01-23-11 11:12 PM
    Thanks pipefitter, but I don't buy it. I haven't had any email problems with att/cingular on my BBs ever. So am I to take it that the route is rim>carrier>recipient? There's just 1 server for north America? How does rim transfer data to the carrier?

01-23-11 11:26 PM
    Exactly. They should have gotten smart to that by now. Everyone knows there's no chance of QNX running on a Pearl, Curve, Bold, Torch, Storm or any current BlackBerry for various reasons. They've made it clear that QNX is replacing the aging BlackBerry OS so why would anyone upgrade to a BlackBerry that will be done in year.
    Why will the phone "be done in year" ???
    Just because it isn't compatible with QNX doesn't mean it's done. Give your head a shake.

When QNX comes out, there will still be people happily using OS4. Their phones won't be done
    01-24-11 02:57 AM
    The Apple halo effect: because they release a new product every year just to be hip, you've got to rag on stuff that isn't the latest and greatest even though, for the vast majority of people, it works just fine.

I like my BB and would happily trade up to the v2 of the Torch if finances allow at that time of it's release, even knowing that AT SOME POINT they will release QNX bb's. I'm not worried about what's coming when there is a device available NOW that does what I need it to do.

But to wail and gnash my teeth at RIM or other contented BB users because it's not QNX would be such a waste of energy.

Ferretling likes this.
    01-24-11 03:37 AM
    I don't see how this is BB's fault when a lot of users (myself included) do not have this problem It's scary to think a carrier would show favoritism like u speculated.

They follow the dollar, and yes, they ball with what brings in the ducks....see it
    01-24-11 03:58 AM
    I suspect you might have an app on your phone that disconnects the bis connection and uses wap instead. Some apps do this and they don't seem to return the bis connection.
    A perfect example is dropbox app. Also I noticed Opera browser and internet radio/streaming apps. Unless you have wifi they would turn bis off and as long as you use them you get no emails.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-24-11 04:14 AM

I have this problem and I'm on AT&T. I delete email on gmail and does not get updated on my bold. Similarly, when I use gmail to email, I get a whole bunch of draft emails showing up on my blackberry.

I'm deleting my gmail app to see if this helps as someone else has mentioned.
    01-24-11 05:51 AM
    I have this problem and I'm on AT&T. I delete email on gmail and does not get updated on my bold. Similarly, when I use gmail to email, I get a whole bunch of draft emails showing up on my blackberry.

I'm deleting my gmail app to see if this helps as someone else has mentioned.
    Have you not concidered the problem is with gmail and not your blackberry or att? You do know youncan change emails on your blackberry right? I don't get how a google email account is a problem w/ att or rim. I have no problems w/ my emails but then again I don't use gmail either.

01-24-11 06:44 AM
    The Apple halo effect: because they release a new product every year just to be hip, you've got to rag on stuff that isn't the latest and greatest even though, for the vast majority of people, it works just fine.

I like my BB and would happily trade up to the v2 of the Torch if finances allow at that time of it's release, even knowing that AT SOME POINT they will release QNX bb's. I'm not worried about what's coming when there is a device available NOW that does what I need it to do.

But to wail and gnash my teeth at RIM or other contented BB users because it's not QNX would be such a waste of energy.
    YOU might not "wail and gnash" your teeth if you're running 6.1 and QNX gets released..however I can gaurantee you these forums will be LIT up with users crying if their 6 month old phones can't run QNX..especially if it is as awesome as is predicted and people get a look at it first hand.

People are still crying and waiting over getting an official OS6 on their phones. It's no secret that RIM is trying to stem the bleeding until QNX gets released..and while you may think that you wont care (perhaps because you'll upgrade to it anyways) there are many people who will be locked into plans and won't be able to upgrade and will feel (once again) left out in the cold.
    01-24-11 08:02 AM
    YOU might not "wail and gnash" your teeth if you're running 6.1 and QNX gets released..however I can gaurantee you these forums will be LIT up with users crying if their 6 month old phones can't run QNX..especially if it is as awesome as is predicted and people get a look at it first hand.

People are still crying and waiting over getting an official OS6 on their phones. It's no secret that RIM is trying to stem the bleeding until QNX gets released..and while you may think that you wont care (perhaps because you'll upgrade to it anyways) there are many people who will be locked into plans and won't be able to upgrade and will feel (once again) left out in the cold.
    I struggle to see what benefits would qnx bring to a qwerty blackberry, all that sliding and swiping would soon **** me off.
    Anyway, I doubt we'll see it on a phone for another year.

01-24-11 08:10 AM
    Have you not concidered the problem is with gmail and not your blackberry or att? You do know youncan change emails on your blackberry right? I don't get how a google email account is a problem w/ att or rim. I have no problems w/ my emails but then again I don't use gmail either.

Wait you don't use gmail and you're telling me about the technical aspects of blackberry email and my problems with gmail???

I've put my sim card in my iPhone, iPad, Nokia N8, Samsung Focus, and all do not have problems with gmail. My conclusion is that it's probably with my blackberry and how it integrates with gmail, because it's the only device with a problem. I don't know who's fault it is but the problem is there.

When I delete emails from my blackberry it gets automatically deleted in my gmail account. When I delete my email from gmail account it does not get deleted on my BB.
    01-24-11 08:33 AM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD