I am really done this time. Couple of months ago, gmail delivery was delayed for more then one month. Some times up to hours, would resolve itself on weekends and holidays. This was all posted and documented in an service outage thread. Looked like it was a problem with google and RIM coordinating their notifications. This problem continued for more than one month....ok, now to today. For more than one week, email and internet is out for more than 50 percent of the time. All emails are delayed on my blackberry (not on my ipad) Again, this is posted in service outages. Verizon says this is an issue with RIM and they have NO IDEA of an estimated time for resolution. I have emails delays of over an hour, and browser is out half of the time. I realize outages can occur, and I try to be patient, but problems with last for weeks...really? When you are dealing with a blackberry it seems like there are two sources for possible errors/outages...the carrier and also RIM. Is verizon less motivated to keep blackberry customers happy since they now have android/ iPhone customers? Is RIM less responsive or just incompetent. Who is actually responsible? I have been carrying my iPad around with me because I can't miss my work emails. The whole reason I chose blackberry was I needed consistency in email delivery, this is not happening. I really felt a loyalty to blackberry, but I think now I am done....looking very seriously at other devices
    01-23-11 05:22 PM
    VZW will have plenty of great options in about 3 weeks, you will have LTE androids, iphone and several great 3G androids to switch to. sucks when outages for BIS happen.
    01-23-11 05:30 PM
    My Droid will be here tomorrow ! Bought a used droid to hold me over till the Bionic comes out. I have had enough from RIM also! The way I look at it is give android a try! Can always go back to bb
    01-23-11 05:31 PM
    The consistency of BB email is old news. Back 10yrs ago yeah email didn't come in as fast. But now RIM's servers BES/BIS just delay instant email receiving. On any other device emails come in instantly no problem no service outage (other than if the actual mail server @gmail goes down). RIM servers are not as stable as people make it out to be.

Back when I had my 9700 last year I was pissed off at a client for not emailing me, turns out they did and the email was sitting in my @live.com account RIM just never pushed it. The random outages are a pain in the as$ and there is no way to resync or recheck mail to make sure everything has be pushed... I'm so happy I left RIM and don't let me get started on truncated emails OMG i'm a web developer / programmer I receive large emails. Oh while no longer have that problem with my current WP7.
    howarmat and K Bear like this.
    01-23-11 05:35 PM
    Yeah...good timing for jumping ship, lol! Since I'm on a rant, another thing that irritates me is you can't talk to RIM without wasting an hour or two with verizon for them to then "escalate" it to RIM.
    01-23-11 05:35 PM
    My Droid will be here tomorrow ! Bought a used droid to hold me over till the Bionic comes out. I have had enough from RIM also! The way I look at it is give android a try! Can always go back to bb
    keep in mind there is a learning curve with the Droid I choose Windows Phone 7 equally as good. Both have a learning curve coming from a BB. My friend went with a droid and loves it, it was like freedom. no more lying to yourself hoping things will get better / change.

RIM does look like they'll ever change how BES/BIS works so outages and problems will always remain.
    01-23-11 05:39 PM
    keep in mind there is a learning curve with the Droid I choose Windows Phone 7 equally as good. Both have a learning curve coming from a BB. My friend went with a droid and loves it, it was like freedom. no more lying to yourself hoping things will get better / change.

RIM does look like they'll ever change how BES/BIS works so outages and problems will always remain.
    agreed, i think android takes a little to get used to but once you do its great. Iphone would be cake and no curve to it.
    01-23-11 05:43 PM

Well...I am ready for a learning curve...better use of my time figuring how a new phone then spending hours on hold with verizon and RIM lol!
    01-23-11 05:43 PM
    Yeah...good timing for jumping ship, lol! Since I'm on a rant, another thing that irritates me is you can't talk to RIM without wasting an hour or two with verizon for them to then "escalate" it to RIM.
    Then call them yourself and pay for it.
    DCAce likes this.
    01-23-11 05:47 PM
    Yep, you can always call RIM yourself. Just make sure you have your credit card handy and plenty of room available for the cost of their "tech suport" to tell you that there's nothing they can do.
    01-23-11 05:56 PM
    I am willing to pay for tech support for my errors or ignorance, but I don't feel I should have to pay money to report an outage that is on their end...
    01-23-11 05:57 PM
    I am willing to pay for tech support for my errors or ignorance, but I don't feel I should have to pay money to report an outage that is on their end...
    If it's an outage on their end and VzW is aware of it and they tell you, there would be no need to tell them anyway. I'm sure they know.
    01-23-11 06:01 PM
    If it's an outage on their end and VzW is aware of it and they tell you, there would be no need to tell them anyway. I'm sure they know.
    Respectfully, I must disagree. The gmail notification issue took over two weeks to be acknowledged. I was one of the people personally "escalated" to rim and they opened a ticket. They had me resend service books, and while on the phone with them it was working. The issue was that the problem was intermittent, and would even resolve temporarily after sending service books. It was only after repeated calls by multiple customers that it was acknowledged there was an actual outage with the notifications, and then an additional 2 weeks or so for them to fix the problem. Also, if verizon is so aware of the problem, when I called today after the outage has been going on and reported for a week, why did the first tier of tech support have no knowledge of it and start telling me to do a battery pull?
    Last edited by artdeco; 01-23-11 at 06:17 PM.
    01-23-11 06:12 PM
    I don't see how this is BB's fault when a lot of users (myself included) do not have this problem It's scary to think a carrier would show favoritism like u speculated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 06:50 PM
    I am really done this time. Couple of months ago, gmail delivery was delayed for more then one month. Some times up to hours, would resolve itself on weekends and holidays. This was all posted and documented in an service outage thread. Looked like it was a problem with google and RIM coordinating their notifications. This problem continued for more than one month....ok, now to today. For more than one week, email and internet is out for more than 50 percent of the time. All emails are delayed on my blackberry (not on my ipad) Again, this is posted in service outages. Verizon says this is an issue with RIM and they have NO IDEA of an estimated time for resolution. I have emails delays of over an hour, and browser is out half of the time. I realize outages can occur, and I try to be patient, but problems with last for weeks...really? When you are dealing with a blackberry it seems like there are two sources for possible errors/outages...the carrier and also RIM. Is verizon less motivated to keep blackberry customers happy since they now have android/ iPhone customers? Is RIM less responsive or just incompetent. Who is actually responsible? I have been carrying my iPad around with me because I can't miss my work emails. The whole reason I chose blackberry was I needed consistency in email delivery, this is not happening. I really felt a loyalty to blackberry, but I think now I am done....looking very seriously at other devices
    I admit that I didn't read that whole post. But there is one answer to your question. You have a Storm. Get a better phone and your problems will be solved.
    01-23-11 06:53 PM
    I admit that I didn't read that whole post. But there is one answer to your question. You have a Storm. Get a better phone and your problems will be solved.
    That's what he said he was going to do. But because all of RIM's offering's right now involve rehashed hardware from the Storm and Bold line..this will involve him jumping platforms..which was the point of his initial post i guess.
    01-23-11 06:59 PM
    That's what he said he was going to do. But because all of RIM's offering's right now involve rehashed hardware from the Storm and Bold line..this will involve him jumping platforms..which was the point of his initial post i guess.
    Not surprising. General Discussion should be renamed "Why I hate my BlackBerry and what I'm getting to replace it when it's time for an upgrade"
    01-23-11 07:01 PM
    Not surprising. General Discussion should be renamed "Why I hate my BlackBerry and what I'm getting to replace it when it's time for an upgrade"
    That sounds like a country song..
    01-23-11 07:03 PM
    That sounds like a country song..
    Only if Willie Nelson sings it.
    01-23-11 07:08 PM
    I don't see how this is BB's fault when a lot of users (myself included) do not have this problem It's scary to think a carrier would show favoritism like u speculated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is hard to tell who is responsible...this current outage is specifically happening to blackberries (no other devices) with verizon as their carrier. I was told by verizon it is nationwide, but not affecting everyone So...it is some sort of interface with rim and verizon.
    01-23-11 07:24 PM
    Which is why I think that RIM not getting these next group of phones running OS 6.1 out until September to give Playbook the focus is shortsighted. If you look at a lot of these type of posts they almost always say they want RIM to give them a product, a reason, to keep them. Given that a big "feature" of the Playbook is tie it in with your blackberry, you'd think that RIM would want to mitigate the hemorrhaging of the NA Blackberry market.
    01-23-11 07:29 PM
    Which is why I think that RIM not getting these next group of phones running OS 6.1 out until September to give Playbook the focus is shortsighted. If you look at a lot of these type of posts they almost always say they want RIM to give them a product, a reason, to keep them. Given that a big "feature" of the Playbook is tie it in with your blackberry, you'd think that RIM would want to mitigate the hemorrhaging of the NA Blackberry market.
    The problem with that logic is that RIM is focussed on emerging 2G markets, not the US. They will, however; be interested in Canada as they should.
    01-23-11 07:34 PM
    6.1 is bound to fail. If these new phones running 6.1 won't have QNX compatibility then people will complain that their brand new phones aren't getting upgrades.
    01-23-11 07:40 PM
    6.1 is bound to fail. If these new phones running 6.1 won't have QNX compatibility then people will complain that their brand new phones aren't getting upgrades.
    Sounds like when people were told their device could not upgrade to 6.0 from 5.0.
    01-23-11 07:47 PM
    Sounds like when people were told their device could not upgrade to 6.0 from 5.0.
    Exactly. They should have gotten smart to that by now. Everyone knows there's no chance of QNX running on a Pearl, Curve, Bold, Torch, Storm or any current BlackBerry for various reasons. They've made it clear that QNX is replacing the aging BlackBerry OS so why would anyone upgrade to a BlackBerry that will be done in year.
    01-23-11 07:50 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD