Oh that would be so perfect. I get so many unknown calls and have to hit mute when I hear that ringtone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well with the new firewall settings you can keep those calls from ringing your phone in the 4.5 os. Anyone not in your address book. Not as specific as "unknown caller" but its a step towards maybe something like that?

11-22-08 10:25 AM
    Keyboard shortcuts for changing profiles

That would be nice.

Personalized text ringtones for different people would be cool too. (Kind of picky though)

But I'm not complaining. I love my blackburry

in response to keyboard shortcuts for changing profiles, you can press and hold "Q" and it will switch to quiet/vibrate. press it again and it goes back to normal
    11-22-08 10:36 AM
    1) Ability to SMS or Bluetooth a VCard
    2) Browser automatically swap to Hotspot browser when using WiFi (excellent idea, lalifeguards
    3) Natively create new Word document (although I have a New blank template document that I just edit and save as, which works) and Format (bullets, etc)
    4) Turn off camera sound (my daughter gets shy and hates having pics taken)
    5) Install apps onto MicroSD
    6) Record phone calls (legal evidence, etc)
    7) Unknown caller straight to voicemail, or different ringtone
    8) Native .pdf reader
    Also a Skype app. especially since the 8320 is supposed to be VoIP capable.
    11-23-08 08:56 AM
    How about a program to make the volume louder, ringer call volume and bluetooth. I had a program called volumecare on my Palm that did this. Since OS 4.5 upgrade volume has decreased.
    11-23-08 11:01 AM
    My choices are (Bold):
    -Flash Player
    - Utility to automatically change profiles at certain time
    -REAL FOOL BULLETPROOF WiFi
    12-07-08 11:40 AM
    Ya SMS Threaded is there an ap that does this?

1 - THREADED SMS ORGANIZATION! Seriously... Palm and WM both handle this better.

2 - Integrate VibAndRing. Device should be able to vibrate and ring at the same time...

3 - Integrate something like PeekAWho for customizable email/bbm/sms alert popups. 3rd party apps don't have access to open email/sms inboxes, but if RIM did it, they would.

4 - Saving email attachments to storage should be a lot easier.

5 - Ability to change fonts per app. Maybe I want a different font setting for Messages than I do Tasks or SMS.

6 - More UI customizations would be nice (change the look of the phone app, etc).

7 - RIMM should make Wikipedia and Youtube apps. This would help negate some of the issues with the regular wikipedia site and help the quality issues with youtube mobile (not to mention a lot of other phones have a youtube app already).
    12-08-08 12:35 AM
    You would think realy basic but folder options color and icon

12-08-08 12:36 AM
    My old 8525 with WinMo 6.0 used to do pretty much everything in this thread...

Makes me wonder if I took a step backward with my new 9000......

And I was just missing a real file manager, and the ability to attach several attachments to an email at once...
    12-08-08 01:09 AM
    True Threaded SMS (and MMS like Android) - I can't tell you how many times I have to go to the SMS outbox to see if I actually responded. The iPhone does this the best.

True HTML Email - Gods of email, you need to work for that title!

Email Folders - I wish RIM would get better IMAP support for BIS.

Tabbed Browsing - I would mind if there was a limit (3-5 tabs per session)

Visual Voicemail - I hate to dial in to voicemail and have to go in order to listen to crap :-(

VibandRing - without the app!

Multiple Alarms / Different times/days - I work Sun-Thur, Sun being at a different start time... why must I remember to change my alarm on Saturday night (when I'm probably ripped) or have to turn it off on Thurs!

PIM (contacts/calendar/notes/tasks) OTA syncing - How about never having to connect to DM to sync?

That's it for now...
    12-08-08 01:29 AM
    An automatic option that would send unknown callers straight to vm.

Black and Whitelist. It costs $18 but well worth it and does exactly what you're wanting. It also comes with another program called iCall Manager that adds more options to Black and Whitelist.

Black & Whitelist: A phone call screening software for Blackberry smart phone.
    12-08-08 02:32 AM
    -A better calander function (calender and task function, something as such).
    -Flash player
    -More WiFi
    -Apps to the sd card
    -Easier to edit and customize ring tones, its a pain to go into each profile and change everything.
    12-08-08 11:23 AM
    I wish the berrys had the actual MP3 trimmer on the phone. My work phone (the HTC Touch) has that feature...right now, I can easily just do it on there, save to memory card and then use in my berry.

But I think it would be nice if there was one on the berry right away.
    12-08-08 12:29 PM
    Actually, being able to switch notification profiles by the timer (as opposed to just turning it off).

And again, true IMAP support, which is a shame to not have.
    12-09-08 10:40 AM
    I would like to see a "normal" TCP/IP support as opposed to BIS. This implies data NOT flowing through RIM servers at all, as well as the possibility of having a native e-mail client with full support of IMAP folders.
    Its called 'iPhone' and it sucks.

Dropping the RIM servers would be a death sentence for push email, just look how the iphone screwed the AT&T 3G network by poor handling of connectivity. The cellular networks can't handle the bandwidth if every mobile device does frequent OTA direct checking of the backend mailbox.
    12-09-08 12:01 PM
    1. Send Contact info by SMS
    2a. Device time from GPS (option)
    2b. Better time zone identification and configuration, including direct entry of offset from UTC (as +/-hhmm).

Many times when I'm airport hopping I know the local time offset but I have no idea how RIM named the time zone. It takes too long to find by trial and error, particularly if the local unit of currency is the Banana.
    12-09-08 12:13 PM
    Its called 'iPhone' and it sucks.
    If iPhone indeed sucks, that's not my problem since I own a BB, and I don't see any reason why a flaw in iPhone reflects on any way on a feature of a RIM device. I used LogicMail on the BB with a good overall experience (fast, too), so I don't buy your argument about imaginary faults of every IMAP-capable client.

Dropping the RIM servers would be a death sentence for push email, just look how the iphone screwed the AT&T 3G network by poor handling of connectivity.
    More of the same. If iPhone/ATT integration failed on 3G, this doesn't mean anything to me, who's using BB/TMO/EDGE.

The cellular networks can't handle the bandwidth if every mobile device does frequent OTA direct checking of the backend mailbox.
    How frequent is frequent? They could limit the poll to 5-10 min or so, I can't imagine this would be a huge load. Somehow, Web browsing works and IMAP access does not?
    12-11-08 11:52 AM
    Ok, i'm probably gonna get blasted here but does anyone else recognize that about 80% of all these complaints i've read on here are really invalid...Most Blackberry's already do these things if you have your settings configured right..and for the 20% of these things it doesnt do out of the box there are 3rd party applications for them..

People please take the time to read your user manuals or explore these forums for the how-to's for these..dont just assume because you dont know how to do it .. it doesnt do it ...Ive said this many times and especially since the release of the storm..please understand the equipment, play with it, read about it, learn about it before you assume that it just doesnt work or doesnt have that feature...BlackBerry's are a beast all unto themselves and as such do not operate, function, work, like any other phone on the market...they are great devices if you know how to use them properly...

I know the blackberry nation has had alot of coverts in the last 6months ..so please just take the time to learn your device before you complain about it not doing something cause I think its fair to say it probably does .. you just dont know how to make it do what you want . .. Sorry for the rant but sometimes reading these just makes me wanna scream ..
    12-11-08 12:23 PM
    Please do tell us the ones that the BB actually does. Also as to 3rd party apps, people don't want to pay for something that dumb phones can do. If you are bes, some it policies don't allow for 3rd party apps.

12-11-08 12:31 PM
    Two things.
    1. Flash player
    2. Improved youtube support. (better video instead of mobile stream version of the video which looks like cr*p)
    12-11-08 12:41 PM
    Well if your bes then is that the BLackberrys fault or rims fault or issue that the corporate administrator does not allow specific functions to be enabled.

12-11-08 03:34 PM
    Well if your bes then is that the BLackberrys fault or rims fault or issue that the corporate administrator does not allow specific functions to be enabled.
    What about features like VibAndRing? It's something that any non smartphone does, and is really a feature that nearly everyone would want. So since our phone lacks the ability, and someone can't download a third party app they are without it. It's just one of the "simple" features that should be integrated in our phones, without us having to nickel and dime for small features a business smart phone should have.
    12-11-08 03:50 PM
    It does vibrate/ring go to profiles/set ringtones/vibrate and choose your settings.....

12-11-08 04:05 PM
    This has probably said but sync to itunes or windows media player...(unless that is possible somebody please PM me if it is)

12-11-08 04:54 PM
    No, it vibrates then rings. We want it to vibrate as it rings without having to pay.

12-11-08 04:56 PM
    It doesn't vib/ring at the same time. it vibrates a couple times them starts ringing...without continuing to vibrate...
    12-11-08 04:58 PM
113 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD