I was updating my wifes phone, an 8310 ATT last night and it suffered a fatal error. The same thing happened to my brother last week, an 8130 Verizon. So what the heck is wrong here? Why are these phones dying doing an update from 4.2 to 4.5? I even made sure the computer wouldn't hybernate.
    05-07-09 08:40 AM
    Have you been able to find any answers yet? I upgraded my tmobile 8820 to 4.5 the other day, and it took over an hour. Is this an official verzon upgrade? If the upgrade hasn't been published by verizon, you might be having issues because your sim card isn't compatible with the os, or if you don't have a sim card, they havenKt made the necessary adkustments to the os for your phone. I am only guessing here because I don't know all the details. I hope thos helps. Good luck with this my friend. Have you been able to find anything through google? If you haven't, I would try searching google to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Good luck my friend, and God bless you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 10:02 AM
    Exactly what error are you getting? Try rebooting the pc and doing it again. I dont use my computer for anything other than the upgrade that I am doing. Your right to not let the screen saver come up.
    05-07-09 11:11 AM
    I'm getting

JVM Error 513
    Reset

That is what the screen looks like.
    05-07-09 12:02 PM
    I run into ALOOOOOOOOOOOOT of Blackberrys that just absolutely will not update to 4.5

Putting them back to 4.2.2 works perfectly fine.. And it's random..new Curves and Old Curve's, old 8800's..

****, I had a Curve COME with 4.5 on it.. something went awry with it and I had to reinstall the OS, nope.. wouldn't take 4.5

Had to put it to 4.2.2
    05-07-09 12:12 PM
    Anyone know the method used to revert a phone back to 4.2? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    05-07-09 12:26 PM
    I would suggest wiping the device with jl_cmdr. Instructions and link for it are here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    After you have done this install the OS on the device again.

If you do decide to go back to 4.2 follow the same process. Just uninstall the 4.5 OS you have and install 4.2.
    05-07-09 01:32 PM
    I would suggest wiping the device with jl_cmdr. Instructions and link for it are here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    After you have done this install the OS on the device again.

If you do decide to go back to 4.2 follow the same process. Just uninstall the 4.5 OS you have and install 4.2.
    ratt, please don't cross-post, I gave you the exact same answer here in your other post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/rev...needed-223322/
    05-07-09 01:38 PM
    Yes please stay in one area. We will get you going. It just may take a few minutes for people to post back.
    05-07-09 01:41 PM
    Sorry guy's. You have all helped me out greatly. Next time I will stay put in one thread.
    05-07-09 02:25 PM
    Its no problem. It just makes it hard for us to follow your progress. Speaking of which...how are you doing?
    05-07-09 02:32 PM
    Something came up I will be away for a few minutes. I leave you with xl.....he's got you. If either of you need me feel free to pin or email rlp32@crackberry as I will be close to a pc. Just want to make sure you get it working.
    05-07-09 02:56 PM
    I'm at work right now. I'll give all this a shot when I get home. About 5:30 Pac time. I'll let you know how it goes.
    05-07-09 03:25 PM
    One question. Do I have to put the 4.5 OS in any particular place or will JL Cmder know where to find it?
    05-07-09 03:43 PM
    JL Commander is used to wipe the OS from your BB, that's it.

Once you have a "clean slate", you can go to C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader and make sure the vendor file is deleted, then double click on loader(.exe) to launch the Application Loader and your OS will be installed to your BB. The Application Loader will know where to find your OS file as long as you have installed it to your PC.

If you are using Desktop Manager 4.7, then you will need to disable/disconnect from your internet/network before launching the Loader file.
    05-07-09 03:47 PM
    It's got a little bit more features than just wiping the device.. you can restore a 4.3 OS onto it, as well as a few other features.

Also, why do you have to disconnect from the internet? if you use just loader.exe, it doesn't search the internet for updated OS versions.. It only does that if you use the Application Loader inside the DTM4.7
    05-07-09 04:26 PM
    It's got a little bit more features than just wiping the device.. you can restore a 4.3 OS onto it, as well as a few other features.
    Yes, but he was asking about it finding an OS. So for this discussion, all it is doing is wiping the OS from his BB.

Also, why do you have to disconnect from the internet? if you use just loader.exe, it doesn't search the internet for updated OS versions.. It only does that if you use the Application Loader inside the DTM4.7
    Thanks for pointing that out. I don't use DM 4.7, so I generally advise ppl to do that when doing anything OS related (upgrading/loading).
    05-07-09 04:31 PM
    OMG I can't thank you enough xliderider. It Lives!!! It's fully restored on the 4.5 OS. I thought I was going to have to sleep on the couch for the next year lol j/k. A huge thank you!!!
    05-07-09 09:40 PM
    Glad you got it going. Thanks also to rlp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 11:25 PM
    Yes, thanks a lot rlp32. You guys are freakin awesome!!!
    05-08-09 12:22 AM
    Glad you got it going. Much thanks to xliderider for staying with you.
    05-08-09 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD