Hey, I know this might have discussed before but i couldn't find one that really went straight to the point.

Right now i have Hotmail as my mail email provider and its set up with my BIS, But sometimes its very delayed for me to get the message on my phone, I'm not sure if im just not putting all the pieces together. I'm on my computer alot and have my email screen up on the computer most of the time. So does this mean that when i'm logged on to hotmail it doesn't go to the blackberry because i've already been notified that i've got a new message? or this something with hotmail?

Is there a better or faster email provider?
    11-06-09 02:33 AM
    Hotmail is notoriously slow with email delivery. Try gmail. I usually get the notification on my phone before I get it on my pc.
    11-06-09 02:44 AM
    I have found that my Yahoo mail arrives almost instantly every time I get email. My gmail is my primary email account but sometimes it can take almost 2 minutes for me to get an email but Yahoo is always within 5 seconds. I test out the email delivery times once in a while because BIS will go down or ATT edge will **** out and I test the connection.....every time Yahoo is solid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:31 AM
    I use GMX webmail. Takes seconds for e-mail to any of my GMX accounts to arrive on BB.

Yahoo and GMail accounts are collected and then sent along. Those take more like 7-8 minutes.

11-06-09 09:49 AM
    I use GMX webmail. Takes seconds for e-mail to any of my GMX accounts to arrive on BB.

Yahoo and GMail accounts are collected and then sent along. Those take more like 7-8 minutes.

Um no. gmail is very fast. For example when I just bought something on amazon. About 3 seconds after I clicked confirm I got an email from amazon on my BB.
    11-06-09 03:02 PM
    gmail & yahoo are almost instantaneous. Also you can use your @blackberry address, but no server storage there.
    11-06-09 03:31 PM
    Gmail also has a great spam filter. No junk.
    11-06-09 03:35 PM
    11-06-09 03:36 PM
    Hotmail is notoriously slow with email delivery. Try gmail. I usually get the notification on my phone before I get it on my pc.
    +1 for the above
    11-06-09 03:41 PM
    Both gmail and yahoo seem pretty quick.
    11-06-09 04:12 PM
    Yahoo is faster for me.

I don't get spam on my Blackberry though....
    11-06-09 05:19 PM
    Gmail is the fastest. Yahoo is right behind Gmail. Downloading the "enhanced" Gmail option will slow it down just a bit though. Still will be faster than Yahoo or Hotmail.

The true fastest would be a BES email if you have that option.
    11-06-09 09:56 PM
    +1 for gmail. Its very fast.

11-06-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD