They've made me laugh, cry, shout and various other emotions over the years but I'm finally saying goodbye to BB's.

Firstly let me point out that I have been a hardcore supporter of BB's for many years, I started with a Pearl and eventually finished with a 9900. My frustration at the lack of apps that I really wanted to use and the endless battery pulls if I updated or installed an app etc were just a couple of the reasons I unwillingly moved over to an iPhone. I would also like to add that I have a Playbook and feel the Android support was a massive disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the physical keyboard, instant email, BBM, flashing red notification but it wasn't enough, I wanted apps and lots of them. I know there are thousands in App World but I mean all those apps that BB users are desperate to have, Skype, Netflix etc etc, plus the apps for my bank, utility companies etc etc.

I also really do not feel that BB10 is going to save BB, without the apps it's pointless.

I used to have quite a few BBM contacts and finally only had one, they too had also gone over to iPhones or Android, mainly iPhones.

I just wanted to say goodbye and its been fun. The support within the BB community is far more than any other device and I think it is mainly this loyalty that keeps us hanging in their.
    madman0141 likes this.
    10-21-12 01:06 PM
    They've made me laugh, cry, shout and various other emotions over the years but I'm finally saying goodbye to BB's.

Firstly let me point out that I have been a hardcore supporter of BB's for many years, I started with a Pearl and eventually finished with a 9900. My frustration at the lack of apps that I really wanted to use and the endless battery pulls if I updated or installed an app etc were just a couple of the reasons I unwillingly moved over to an iPhone. I would also like to add that I have a Playbook and feel the Android support was a massive disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the physical keyboard, instant email, BBM, flashing red notification but it wasn't enough, I wanted apps and lots of them. I know there are thousands in App World but I mean all those apps that BB users are desperate to have, Skype, Netflix etc etc, plus the apps for my bank, utility companies etc etc.

I also really do not feel that BB10 is going to save BB, without the apps it's pointless.

I used to have quite a few BBM contacts and finally only had one, they too had also gone over to iPhones or Android, mainly iPhones.

I just wanted to say goodbye and its been fun. The support within the BB community is far more than any other device and I think it is mainly this loyalty that keeps us hanging in their.
    I could understand a Galaxy 3 or other top end Android..... but an iOS! Smh. Lol. Jk.
    10-21-12 01:08 PM
    Give us contact info so we can e-mail you from the BB10 hub
    Tha.Housewife and mud314 like this.
    10-21-12 01:08 PM

My friend, be prepared to get flamed. I totally agree with you on all points. I am a Blackberry supporter also but I just can't ignore how far behind the times RIM is. To be honest, I also believe that BB10 will not do well in the marketplace also. Good luck.
    10-21-12 01:15 PM
    10-21-12 01:19 PM
    Good riddance
    10-21-12 01:19 PM
    Good riddance
    What did I tell you ? Lol
    richardat and jinxednuance like this.
    10-21-12 01:23 PM
    Give us contact info so we can e-mail you from the BB10 hub
    Could we Skype instead, oh no we can't can we.
    10-21-12 01:49 PM
    Good riddance
    Why?
    10-21-12 01:50 PM
    What did I tell you ? Lol
    I know but I'm only stating the truth.
    10-21-12 01:51 PM
    Farewell jaknife.
    jaknife likes this.
    10-21-12 01:53 PM
    Cool. May you go silent into that good night.
    10-21-12 02:18 PM
    Could we Skype instead, oh no we can't can we.
    comwave does the same thing as skype... just sayn
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    10-21-12 02:21 PM
    I'm holding an upgrade to see if BB10 is worthy, but I've already ordered an iPhone 5. Good luck in getting one. I ordered my iPhone on 5 October and its still backordered. Honestly I tried to convince myself to purchase the 9900 and wait it out, but the price at AT&T was a deterrent. No way I was paying 199.99 for a year old blackberry! That's just crazy.
    10-21-12 02:27 PM
    comwave does the same thing as skype... just sayn
    So you can video call with it?
    10-21-12 02:32 PM
    I moved away from bb sometime ago

Visit http://techngadgets.co.uk for all the latest tech news in UK
    smertz likes this.
    10-21-12 02:35 PM
    Good Night and Good Luck.
    Hope you get a device that meets your needs and wants. Check back from time to time do some trolling
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-21-12 02:37 PM
    Your really bringing me down. I'm waiting for BB10 after using iphone for more then 4 yrs. It's as if I'm moving into your house and your moving out because the foundation is cracked.
    10-21-12 02:37 PM
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    10-21-12 03:41 PM
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    What does that mean?
    10-21-12 03:43 PM
    I think it means he doesn't care.
    10-21-12 03:56 PM
    exactly i dont give a royal f___ why you are leaving or in fact if you are staying. your opinion doesn't MATTER. probably why I am happy. The only opinion that matters to me is MINE.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-21-12 04:18 PM
    This close to BB10 and closer by the weeks and people are still thinking of jumping over to Android and IOS...

What about Thorstein's claim that developers are going to be jumping over to BB10? Doesn't that hold some weight to anyone?

Sheesh...What more could anyone want from RIM at this point?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-21-12 04:33 PM
    This close to BB10 and closer by the weeks and people are still thinking of jumping over to Android and IOS...

What about Thorstein's claim that developers are going to be jumping over to BB10? Doesn't that hold some weight to anyone?

Sheesh...What more could anyone want from RIM at this point?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I agree. I'm determined to stay onboard, I'm actually really excited for what's to come.
    dbugem likes this.
    10-21-12 11:21 PM
    I did the opposite. I bought into the iPhone on iDay 2007 and had every single one on day one since then. When they dropped the 5 and it was just more of the same old same old revenue cash cow with a TINY bump like every other year, It was time to quit paying the Apple tax. Hate my 9900's camera, love everything else. It's a phone and should act like one...... that's what it does best. Email, text, communication.............. it's a phone. Lonely boys and girls with no friends sit in the corner and play apps all day. Movers and shakers want a phone they can move and shake to....... BB was the only obvious choice. Been loving it. You too will get tired of the same old same old and maybe... maybe.... find yourself back.
    10-21-12 11:37 PM
37 12