12-10-11 02:15 PM
33 12
tools
    @Jonathank, would you consider yourself an intelligent sort of person?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-10-11 10:56 AM
    But you can bypass the fingerprint scanner by entering a password instead. and I find the fingerprint scanner doesn't work all that well especially when I need to unlock the phone fast.
    Obviously the scanner needs a safeguard in case of malfunction. This is what the password is for. Note I said password, and not patternlock. I've never had any issues with the fingerprint scanner. On Froyo, the odd time it would take 2 or 3 swipes, but on GB, it would work first time everytime. I don't use it currently with the ROM i'm running, but overall I would say it's a very functional feature.

This whole thread is a joke, as is the OP's obvious attempt at trolling for high fives.
    12-10-11 01:26 PM
    Jonathank, I'm sorry for some people's rudeness. Yes pattern loc can be very secure. If you busted your friends patterns then they where weak patterns. Security is everything. It is only as strong as how we use it. I suggest a pattern that takes a minimum of 10 moves. There's no way to know where to start and in what direction. For your passwords I suggest at least 8 characters and 3 of them not be letters. I've played w/ finger print scanners. There aight for hand held devices. I wouldn't use them for a major system. I've tried lifting myndaughter's finger print w/ scotch tape but didn't work. I've thought that it didn't work because the tape doesn't pass the electrical pluse so its not activated. I have opened her devices by just lightly touching her print left on the screen on the scanner. This has happened repeatly mind you. Facial scanning was cool on alien ware but I hope the ware has been greatly updated. It was such a pain to log on. You had to be at the right distance away. Lighting could throw things off. I can see it as a good lock for a tablet or smartphone.
    Our phones these days hold very important infomation on them. At least to me they do. You have to protect that. At least I think so. You can not be sloppy here. If its worth protecting its worth making your pass whatever as hard as possible.
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-10-11 01:26 PM
    I wouldn't be so quick to apologize for some people's rudeness, 13echo4. Jonathank has a history of being rude and a troll. This isn't his first attack and it won't be the last, I'm sure.

Please don't apologize on my behalf at least. The OP gets as good as he gives.
    12-10-11 01:35 PM
    I guess you failed to realize that ALL Androids offer password unlock as well, on top of Pattern locks. I've also got a finger print scanner to unlock (good luck bypassing that one) and as well ICS is bringing Facial Recognition for unlocking your phone..although by Google's own admission, that's more of a "fun feature" than it is for hardcore security.
    Most finger printer scanners can be subverted depending on how well it's implemented. You can grab the finger print right off the scanner and reapply it.
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-10-11 01:38 PM
    I am going to chop off Rickroller's fingers and steal his phone and don't even think about eye scanning Rick.........
    12-10-11 01:57 PM
    I don't know why a lot of people on this forum keep saying that iPhones have features for kids... It's a decent communication device AND great for multimedia, sometimes it's nice to have both. Older and older people are using the iPhone everyday because the iPhone is easy to use and that's what people want these days. Also, it's not just kids that play the games and use the apps, and that is BECAUSE of the iPhone. Some of you really need to loosen up.
    12-10-11 02:11 PM
    Because when one runs out of arguments, they resort to stupidity?
    12-10-11 02:15 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD