Just think all these fanboys now and days are dumb and a bunch of hypocrites and ever os has them but I for one thought blackberry users were different. Since the launch of bb10 all I've seen is name calling threads being hijacked, and a complete 360 from what blackberry users use to be. Number one I thought no qwerty was no deal now I guess it's the best thing since sliced bread, number two who really cares who's advertising the phone or where it's placed in the store, number 3 sales rep it's either a listen to them or don't not a listen when they praise and don't ever listen cause they're dumb when they rag on the phone, number 4 proof you own it really???? That's the most immature thing I've ever heard it this comes from the people who own a "all business" phone, number 5 oh 20 post you don't like the phone =troll 20 post and think blackberry is awesome is real user, just some of things that having been bothering me lately I use to love these forums cause they were a awesome source of information but now it's the same as any other fanboy site, you guys really let me down. Just remember you can be as loyal and as much of a fanboy as you want but if you think blackberry cares about YOU then your wrong they're a business just like any other they care about your business and your money. Think about it if they did care they would have offered a loyalty or some sort of discount but no one does that not apple not android not blackberry no one sorry to burst that bubble. The next thing is stop saying this app or that app isn't needed cause if blackberry does use this forum to get suggestions on what they need to do you are directing them in the wrong direction APPS are one of the main reasons blackberry is where it's at now. The whole use the mobile site was said before and it was right before the company fell from the grace of being number one lets not repeat the past anyways I know I won't stop checking the site just getting some stuff of the chest and yea I only have what maybe 60 post but I've been a member since like 2008 so I always been around just never really needed to post cause questions were answered and solutions found lets get back to that user base and separate ourselves from all the other teen forums out there.
    Last edited by j8298c; 04-07-13 at 06:15 PM.
    j21jam6, lwaysluking, ihys and 1 others like this.
    04-07-13 05:43 PM
    Cool rant.

Hopefully you don't start a thread like the ones you speak of with your use of language.

That or perhaps the mods should close this thread now.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-07-13 05:48 PM
    I don't really think I said anything wrong just the truth if I want to know what the new os and phone is like its useless to look for it because of all the fanboy remarks and the threads being hijacked
    04-07-13 05:51 PM
    I've always visited the site but only joined recently. Can see you've been a member for quite some time.

Even in the short time of me actually being a member and visiting almost daily I have def seen a change in the tone of threads.

You are right in that there is no need for some of the name calling and thread hijacking etc.

Even since I've signed up I've noticed a large increase in new members. It's Obv a combination of a larger membership base and lower patience from perhaps members that have been around a while.
    I've also noticed that even off this forum people that own BlackBerrys havr become much more defensive and debates more heated. Not sure when owing a mobile device became something that had to be defended with such passion.

21stNow likes this.
    04-07-13 05:59 PM
    Using the "r-word" and calling names is not really a good way to have your "message" be taken seriously.
    bintheredundat likes this.
    04-07-13 05:59 PM
    OP as to your number 2, product placement matters a great deal. By placing the z10 in the back corner of a store with no display signs, it's an unspoken symbol of the phone not being important enough, which is picked up on by consumers, who then don't buy.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:06 PM
    Using the "r-word" and calling names is not really a good way to have your "message" be taken seriously.
    Yes. The "R-word" was my first concern.

cjcampbell likes this.
    04-07-13 06:09 PM
    Yea but make point is why it bothers a consumer so much sure the company should be pissed but not the consumer that's when taking it too far really comes into question or one of the threads I've seen here where they were calling stores to see if they were selling blackberry z10. Switchbeat I have no idea what "r" word your talking about or name calling
    04-07-13 06:11 PM
    Ahh I see the ******** word well my suggestion is if you take offense to that maybe just maybe and I'm not saying you are but you might want to check and make sure your not the crazy in love fanboy but if the shoe fits I guess you must wear it.
    04-07-13 06:12 PM
    And ******** is the only way I could think about putting it sorry if I offended anyone
    04-07-13 06:13 PM
    There edited
    04-07-13 06:16 PM
    You are like so cool and like see the world so clearly. You are amazing like totally.
    I bet your poetry is really sweet too.

Posted via CB10
    j8298c likes this.
    04-07-13 06:17 PM
    And thanks for proving my point so ends this thread
    04-07-13 06:19 PM
    If you think fanboyism is only restricted to BlackBerry forums, you are in for a big disappointment if you think forums for other devices are free of it. I am on several forums in addition to Blackberry and I see the same behavior on Apple and Android forums as well. Fanboyism is everywhere and not just restricted to our forum. I have seen the changes in tone of discussion that you describe in other forums as well. Just Google "Cell phone wars" Fanboyism and you will see what I mean. It is everywhere.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    John Pawling and rickkel like this.
    04-07-13 06:26 PM
    I agree.. I have been a loyal bb user for a long time. I posted a couple of legitimate concerns I had with my z10 and got a bunch of neg replies. It has made me start to reconsider what direction I may go. These posters are trying to prop up bb and in turn are doing the opposite and pushing a lot of people away. That's real good for the future of bb.. Now go ahead and post your negative comments. Im expecting them.
    sexybabe88, ihys and 21stNow like this.
    04-07-13 06:27 PM
    I agree.. I have been a loyal bb user for a long time. I posted a couple of legitimate concerns I had with my z10 and got a bunch of neg replies. It has made me start to reconsider what direction I may go. These posters are trying to prop up bb and in turn are doing the opposite and pushing a lot of people away. That's real good for the future of bb.. Now go ahead and post your negative comments. Im expecting them.
    I have seen the same behaviour on Apple, Samsung and Windows phone forums as well, so good luck wherever you go.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-07-13 06:31 PM
    What the H#LL was this whole thing?!?!?!? Some people REALLY need to stay on top of their meds......
    04-07-13 06:32 PM
    Could've sworn the title said it all fanboy rant so don't know what you mean by meds but you should've known what you were going to read. Yes I know the fanboys are everywhere but it was never like this on the blackberry side of the house my original post says that.
    04-07-13 06:34 PM
    You offended EVERYONE.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-07-13 06:37 PM
    Lol well then please accept my apology
    04-07-13 06:42 PM
    A basic respect for others is formatting your thoughts into sentences and paragraphs when writing.

Posted via CB10
    FantomLightning and NoAhB0Dy like this.
    04-07-13 07:28 PM
    everybody just calm down..........
    04-07-13 07:30 PM
    Paragraphs -- they really help if you want people to read and understand.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:33 PM
    @OP: interpunction and paragraphs will really help you get the message across. Clearly, you have issues you want heard (hence the length of your text), but I can't bring myself to read it all.
    Just a helpful hint, hope you did get yourself heard and maybe you can take my suggestion to heart for a future occasion.
    04-07-13 07:57 PM
    I posted a couple of legitimate concerns I had with my z10 and got a bunch of neg replies. It has made me start to reconsider what direction I may go. These posters are trying to prop up bb and in turn are doing the opposite and pushing a lot of people away. That's real good for the future of bb.. Now go ahead and post your negative comments. Im expecting them.
    There's no way to really say this without coming across harshly, but some people really need to grow thicker skin if they are reconsidering buying a phone because the online community has changed, or has become more defensive.

On a related note, I've always been quite amused by people's passion about their phone. I don't see people act this way towards the brand of TV they've bought, or the make of their vehicle. Not sure what it is about smartphones that gets people's nuts in a twist, but it reminds me of when I hear middle school kids on the bus say things like "Pepsi is the best, Coke tastes disgusting and people who like Coke are gay'
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-07-13 08:28 PM
35 12