After recent Blogs, Tweets, Pics and threads CB has developed a little bit of a civil war.
    It all started after CBK was shown on TV wearing an iMore t-shirt. Then recently there was a Blog about the New iPad on the front page of CB. These recent events has caused a rift in our lovely community.

We have a few groups on the go right now:
    1)People that are saying that CB is apart of MN and we should expect to see the odd add/blog/post about another OS.
    2)People that feel CB should be 100% BB no adds/pics or posts
    3)Then, because im sure they are out there, the people that dont give a cr@p about all this.

So if it causing such a rift in our little community why am I posting about it? Mainly because i like to keep things organized and tidy and instead of having a zillions threads about it all over the forums i decided to have one spot where people can talk about it and voice their general concerns.

This is not a place for bashing this is a place for talk and discussion. If you want to bash people or things go else ware. If you want to have a nice civil conversation then stick right here and we can hash it out in a civil manner.
    03-27-12 02:40 PM
    seeing how this is my thread ill go first.

I kind of stand in the middle LOL. Ive always been the kind of guy that can see both sides of the argument and not really feel to attached to one. the one i am leaning more towards is the fact that CB is a division of MN and as such we can expect to have some flow over about different products.

As a BB fan-boy i do not own any Apple or Google products. I do have a gmail account as i find it easy to sync all my other various accounts to. But i do not own an iPod even for music, i use my BB. but as someone that is going into Business Administration come september I know the value of getting your product out there to as many people as possible, in this case a website.

CB putting the odd Apple thing or Google thing on their site is designed to get your attention so you will go visit that site. No site is 100% devoted to one subject. Its called The Web because everything is connected in a million ways.
    03-27-12 02:50 PM
    I guess I fall into group #1. I dont really care what's posted. As long as I can come to CB to get help or to offer help, I'm good. Not concerned with the banter or negativity.

Nice post, btw!
    Last edited by up488; 03-27-12 at 05:30 PM.
    03-27-12 04:44 PM
    I stand on #1.

Personally, I would have preferred to have Crackberry be a Blackberry only site. BUT...it is not. It is part of a bigger whole. As such, it attracts readers from all segments. The reason I would prefer it to be a BB only site is because I'm rather annoyed by the anti BB trolling. So really, it's not because of the site but because of the usual suspects disrupting our enjoyment of our platform.

Additionally, and this is something I'm recently learning, knowledge of other platforms is never a bad thing. Therefore, I welcome the *occasional* blog about other platforms. I had no problem with the iMore shirt, CBK explained what that was about and frankly, he wasn't required to explain anything. I also have no problem with the recent blog that created this furor.

Exposure to other platforms and ideas serve to educate, and the opportunity to see if our choices are good ones. Or whether there is some adjustment of thought needed. I am not threatened by an iOS blog or an Android blog. I know I love my BB and use it how I want it.

I consider the exposure to other platforms to be an enrichment. I did not always feel this way. But I've developed a respect for Android and iOS that I didn't have before. And I developed it after being open minded enough to try them.

So....I'm on number one. We are a community inside a larger whole.
    03-27-12 05:15 PM
    Count me in the number one camp.

I really don't understand what the fuss is all about, in addition to helping blackberry users learn about the competition it also points the competition to CrackBerry so they can learn about devices here. Are rim users so segregated that they wouldn't want people checking in to see what's going on? People here are full of it advice on getting friends and family to convert to the blackberry, why not be as open to people on the website itself? Will visitors here be met with that same hostility?

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 05:20 PM
    I stand on #1

I didn't mind the iPad post on CB, and tasteful comparisons of iProducts, Androids, Windows and BlackBerry is needed in the forums.

I would like this to be a PRO BlackBerry site, but 100% BlackBerry would be living in a walled garden.

Though i really would like to see a lot of the NON BB users spending less time saying how bad their OLD BB was, and how great their NEW product is, time to move on guys, visit occasionally. not daily
    03-27-12 05:21 PM
    #4 Too busy staring at the crack-notification-light and make photos of cute cats with BlackBerry devices.
    03-27-12 05:30 PM

Mobile Nations owns this site.

That said, I'm honestly beginning to believe this issue has more to do with Nationalism than any of the devices.

There's a distinct pattern with the particularly nasty posters.
    Last edited by ADozenEggs@aol.com; 03-27-12 at 07:43 PM.
    03-27-12 05:58 PM
    LOL #3. It's a fleeting post, anyway.
    03-27-12 06:01 PM
    I'm in camp 3. I have other things to stress out about in my life than things that are posted on a blog/forum. For the most part, I enjoy posting on here even though I don't own a BB anymore. I enjoyed my BBs when I was using them. I just happen to enjoy my Android device more. However, I'm not a brand loyalist. My next device might be a Windows phone and then a BB after that.
    up488 likes this.
    03-27-12 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD