I am trying to tether but I have Nextel as the carrier. I downloaded the desktop manager and the smart phone stuff but I still can't connect. Is it a Nextel problem because they want yet more money?
    11-19-10 10:35 AM
    You need to call Nextel/Sprint and add tethering to your account. And yes, they will want more money for that.

You can always pick up a copy of tether.....
    www.tether.com
    11-19-10 10:44 AM
    Thanks for the info. Now what do you suppose Nextel wants per month? Probably another $70.00.
    11-19-10 11:24 AM
    Thanks for the info. Now what do you suppose Nextel wants per month? Probably another $70.00.
    Most of the time it's 30.00.

The problem with using 3rd party programs to tether is if you plan on doing alot of tethering it'll get picked up. Most Cell Phone Carriers are starting to use data sniffier to see what browser is being used, if it's not a mobile browser they'll want to automatically add the tethering package. Alot of T-Mobile Android users are finding out the hard way... They are using Skyfire and Dolphin browsers set to "full desktop" and t-Mo is thinking they are tethering.
    11-19-10 11:34 AM
    Tetherberry is on sale today only for 50% off ($24.99) but you'll have to dump the iDEN network to get it to work. There is a problem with tethering on the iDEN network and unless Push to Talk is that important to you, I would ditch it. I know that's not exactly the answer you were looking for.

You can also see if the steps in this article help you overcome these iDEN shortcomings.
    11-19-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD