Hi

I'm new here and this is the first thread I post which I hope it describes my problem clearly
    I bought a curve 3 days ago without a data plan, its unlocked and works great but when I try to connect via a wireless point it keeps saying: Failed to obtain an IP address. my router is Linksys WAG200G. I searched the forum but nothing helped me with this issue.

please help
    thanks
    08-11-09 09:00 AM
    I just want to let you know that I tried to:
    pull the battery
    reboot the router
    wifi diagnostics
    changed the browser setting

nothing helped
    08-11-09 09:23 AM
    i had the same problem on my home wifi. i changed the security setting on the router. noe it connects.
    11-25-09 09:22 PM
    same problem..
    any solutions?
    11-26-09 07:59 PM
    what I did is

1. Deleted the network from my BB

2. Closed the wifi on my BB then switched it back on or you can reset it ;D

3. Searched for Network

4. entered the security code for the network

5. clicked CONNECT instead of Save > connected then it asked me to save it so I saved it

hope it'll help
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 02-09-10 at 09:59 AM.
    02-09-10 09:53 AM
    i had the same problem on my home wifi. i changed the security setting on the router. noe it connects.
    All the solutions to this require you to change settings on the router. What if you can't because it is a public wifi. Then what, I still have yet to obtain an ip address.
    02-10-10 10:57 PM
    Hi

I'm new here and this is the first thread I post which I hope it describes my problem clearly
    I bought a curve 3 days ago without a data plan, its unlocked and works great but when I try to connect via a wireless point it keeps saying: Failed to obtain an IP address. my router is Linksys WAG200G. I searched the forum but nothing helped me with this issue.

please help
    thanks
    Try this. I had similar problem and this helped me. Make sure data services are enabled. Even though you may not have data plan with the provider, enable data services option or the blackberry will not acquire IP address from the router.. Sounds like a bug to me!
    02-18-10 05:15 PM
    I actually found that my OS was the problem. Weird, because many with the same OS weren't having problems with wifi, but still. Once I moved from .320 to .451 wifi worked perfectly. What OS are you running on your 8900? The most recent? Have you tried any others where wifi worked?
    02-18-10 05:25 PM
    Try this. I had similar problem and this helped me. Make sure data services are enabled. Even though you may not have data plan with the provider, enable data services option or the blackberry will not acquire IP address from the router.. Sounds like a bug to me!
    I am having a brain fart. Where do you go to check to make sure data services is enabled. I use my data to go on the internet right now, so I am assuming all is good there.

I will try updating my OS, I have never done that before. I was at an open wifi hotspot and I still couldn't obtain an IP address, so I now know that it is my phone. Probably something I am doing. (I have never used wifi before)
    02-18-10 10:55 PM
    oh you are great

after searching a lot

only your post helps me a lot thanks
    02-20-10 06:01 AM
    I am having a brain fart. Where do you go to check to make sure data services is enabled.
    Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options

-Tom

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 05:40 PM
    oh you are great

after searching a lot

only your post helps me a lot thanks
    Hi sorry im having this problem too!

I turn data services on and it works but then its using my 3g/gprs and i dont have a data subscription i just want to use wifi at home, if i disable the mobile connection and put mobile services on it doesnt work.

Before i put the SIM in it connected to WiFi and worked fine now it doesnt...

Any ideas?
    04-16-10 09:08 AM
    i had the same problem, the wifi just randomly stopped working. i did all kind of resets with both my router and the bb & the only thing that fixed it was a bb device downgrade. i don't know the reason behind it, must be a bug in the upgrade. its working perfectly now.
    07-20-10 01:27 AM
    hi ! i have an bsnl wireless router name binatone ! i have an blackberry and an android , unfourtunately my wireless router was close from some days and today when the roter is started when i connected to wifi but it cant obtaining the ip address plzzzz tell me something wat to do
    09-30-13 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD