Someone around me is selling a Factory Unlocked BB bold 9700, and im confused what does factory unlocked mean? Does that ,mean i Can use it on ANY carrier? i need it to be wind compatible
    01-18-11 10:52 PM
    unlocked means you can put any carriers SIM card into the phone and it will work, its not locked to one carrier. you need to find out from the seller which networks it will work on. some only get 3G on tmobile/wind and others like the at&t version that work more worldwide.

factory unlocked means the phone came from RIM unlocked and most likely without any carrier branding.
    01-18-11 10:57 PM
    factory unlocked usually means the phone was most likely never locked to any carrier and most likely not branded either. Usually these factory unlocked units have the standard frequencies and work on 3G networks like Rogers, Bell, Telus. Rarely you'll see one that runs on 3G frequencies of Wind or T-Mobile. But ask the seller to see if they know what it runs on.
    01-18-11 11:04 PM
    Factory unlocked means it wasn't a previously branded BlackBerry which had all those annoying carrier logos on the phone and during start up of the phone. It means it was originally bough 'Unlocked'
    01-18-11 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD