Do you agree or disagree with this assessment of the Z10's chances?

Facing Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5S, BlackBerry Has Opportunity of a Lifetime in 2013 | The Gadget Masters

Samsung�s Galaxy S4 and its launch event last week were widely considered to be underwhelming. From gimmicky features to a sexist stage performance, it appeared people in North America simply expected more. In fact, many people consider the Galaxy S4 to be simply a S3S. However, it is hard to blame Samsung, since there is only so much the company can do without Android 5.0.

Apple Unlikely to Wow Anyone With iPhone 5S

Meanwhile, Apple is unlikely to wow the audience with its upcoming iPhone 5S. In addition, the smartphone is expected to launch in August, which gives the Z10 about 5 more months to pick up momentum.

Samsung�s Marketing Dollars Will Be Split Between Android and Tizen Products

Samsung is likely a bigger threat to BlackBerry, since the company is very active in countries where BlackBerry has significant sales � Asia and Europe. However, with the company readying to launch Tizen smartphones in the third quarter, its formidable marketing machine will be divided. Some of Samsung�s marketing dollars will have to go towards educating customers about Tizen, leaving less for its Galaxy line. Depending on Samsung�s commitment towards Tizen, the company�s Galaxy marketing dollars could be reduced by 20%-33%...
    03-31-13 09:11 PM
    LOL the gadget master is always biased towards Blackberry.... i think all 3 phones will sell really really well in the end
    limh5, GTiLeo, Blacklatino and 1 others like this.
    03-31-13 09:15 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry will seize the opportunity with two top tier flagship phones .. now launching, the amazing Z10! .. and starting end of this month .. the Q10! .. This year will be a great year for Blackberry and for Blackberry users!! …
    limh5, missing_K-W and Suhailone like this.
    03-31-13 09:15 PM
    I'd agree if it was talking about windows. The Z10 isn't much better than the s2
    04-01-13 12:40 AM
    I'd agree if it was talking about windows. The Z10 isn't much better than the s2
    Lol. Just sneaked in their for the West Coast April fools...
    You almost had me there

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 03:03 AM
    Hilarious. I came from an S2 and it's junk compared to the Z10.
    southlander likes this.
    04-01-13 03:13 AM
    Agreed, came from the Note 2 and I can confidently say that it can't even compare to the z10
    04-01-13 03:19 AM
    Gadgetmasters? I love them but the are BBRY centric people.
    04-01-13 03:40 AM
    I think that with t rumoured features of ios7 with their widget screen an new multi tasking features, I phone will remain king...

Ps, although I don't know if these are true or made up concepts... but if they hold true... then read above...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:35 AM
    if i didn't know any better i would have thought some CB user wrote that article. basically repeated whatever the users in this forum been saying.

S4- underwhelming, gimmicky etc etc
    iPhone - boring, wont wow etc etc

the only problem with this is just because the other two didn''t wow people, doesn't mean z10 did. most people will probably still pick those 2 over z10.

Until z10 can deliver what people want, mainly app, then forget about "wowing" people.
    04-01-13 08:41 AM
    I don't agree...

Samsung has momentum. Plenty of people will purchase the S4 and some won't look at the Z10 over the S4 just off specs alone.

As far as the iPhone 5S....I don't think it's fair to say it won't wow. It's not out yet nor has anything been leaked. That's like all the people that said BB10 wouldn't wow before it came out. Whether it's correct or not, I don't think think it's fair to say this early
    04-01-13 09:24 AM
    Well it is 3 years old. Try any phone that isn't..way better

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:40 AM
    The S2 has jellybean (4.1) Bigger screen. More robust app selection. It's cheaper. If rooted, can be faster. My opinion, it's in the same class as the z10.
    brianatbb likes this.
    04-01-13 09:50 AM
    The S2 has jellybean (4.1) Bigger screen. More robust app selection. It's cheaper. If rooted, can be faster. My opinion, it's in the same class as the z10.
    Correct

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:52 AM
    I agree since I have both but I prefer the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:35 AM
    I haven't played with the iPhone 5S (which hasn't been announced) for the Galaxy S4 (which has been announced but hasn't shipped).
    04-01-13 10:36 AM
    I agree since I have both but I prefer the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I like the extra gig of ram in z10. Other than that...Neck and neck

Posted via CB10
    brianatbb likes this.
    04-01-13 11:53 AM
    blackberry just needs to Wow people with their advertisements. i have a friend who saw the htc dna commercial and said, "i want that!"

when i asked why he said, "because it comes with wireless charging!"

then i said to him, "well everytime u pick it up to use it whether its to text, facebook, play games or talk on the phone its not charging. so really i would say its less useful." he got mad because i killed his dream but he agreed it makes sense. i doubt that will sway him tho. hence why bb needs huge bucks for ads of all sorts!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-01-13 12:45 PM
    I like the extra gig of ram in z10. Other than that...Neck and neck

Posted via CB10
    It really does come down to personal preference, though some people will argue. What I like is choice. I don't want Android and Apple to go away, because that would hinder innovation. Why do you think the Z10 is here? Because it was necessary to keep pace. We win with an updated OS and really great phone. For me, the Z10 is actually more than I expected and I'm loving every minute of it's use.
    04-01-13 02:06 PM
    BlackBerry Just schooled apple and Samsung and leapfrogged them.

While those guys are still at i5 and G4, BlackBerry is at 10 showing all who's boss.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 02:11 PM
    It really does come down to personal preference, though some people will argue. What I like is choice. I don't want Android and Apple to go away, because that would hinder innovation. Why do you think the Z10 is here? Because it was necessary to keep pace. We win with an updated OS and really great phone. For me, the Z10 is actually more than I expected and I'm loving every minute of it's use.
    The essence of the BlackBerry user. Sure...you guys are coming from legacy devices so of course the z10 seems cutting edge. as for why bits here? Beats the fuk out of me.

Posted via CB10
    sredd68 likes this.
    04-01-13 02:49 PM
    The essence of the BlackBerry user. Sure...you guys are coming from legacy devices so of course the z10 seems cutting edge. as for why bits here? Beats the fuk out of me.

Posted via CB10
    I have used iPhones, Android phones, and BlackBerry. Each has it's unique way of doing things. BlackBerry10 is based on QNX which brings it a lot of potential. We are just seeing the beginning.
    04-01-13 04:06 PM
    I have used iPhones, Android phones, and BlackBerry. Each has it's unique way of doing things. BlackBerry10 is based on QNX which brings it a lot of potential. We are just seeing the beginning.
    So if something just works like it should its unique? Ok.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:56 PM
    S4 preorders are 400% higher than the s3, yeah its gonna flop..lol
    sallenthornton and brianatbb like this.
    04-01-13 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I switched from the galaxy. It is a great android phone, easily the best but I like the Z10 way better though. Less glitchy, more responsive, and I enjoy the OS better. I miss all my Android apps though, but it is manageable.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:53 PM
40 12