Yesterday I had a few nightmares with my phone.

- Froze on uploading a picture to fb forcing me to removing battery
    - then...After that when ever I remove bb from case it went to a video camera mode automatically the only way to get it out of this was to press camera to return to home screen
    - then...it refused to let me access fb, froze the phone for about 10 seconds and returned with an error message.
    - I had to delete the fb app via the desktop manager.
    - Reinstall fb, however when I try to upload a picture if I am not in a wifi zone it throws a No Wifi message at me.

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue as I use my fb all the time inc. the photo upload function?

Thank you in advance.

02-06-11 12:21 PM
    If you have assigned one of the convience keys to Video, you may be pressing it when you remove it from the case. You can test that with the Mute/Standby button on the top. If it works normaly, check your settings at:

Options / Screen/Keyboard.

Check out your Wifi with:

Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics

If you have a good connection you will see two Green checkmarks and Network Aquired message in Status.

Scroll down to BlackBerry Infrastructure. It should have three Green checkmarks.
    02-06-11 12:32 PM
    Do you have any steps that can set my Facebook up so it doesn't try to want a WiFi signal when I try to upload a picture. Just bog standard connection?
    02-06-11 04:57 PM
    Sorry, I do not experience that problem with Facebook with either my carrier or when I am connected to Wifi. The only suggestion I can offer is to remove it and download it again.

Viewing comments on the other hand, fails most of the time. Next build, Please.
    02-06-11 07:08 PM
    Re-installed via Desktop installation.

All seems great now.

Ta
    02-07-11 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD