Hi,

Is it possible to have Facebook notify me with its little logo in the notification area of my BB and blink the LED when a friend posts a status update, or I get an update in my news feed? I have turned on every notification in my Facebook account to get sent to email, as I heard this is how the Facebook app gets its notifications, but it still will not notify me of these things. It does notify me of PM and that stuff though.
    12-25-11 03:05 AM
    As far as I know the answer is no.

You can set it to check at specified intervals but it won't notify you like you can set Twitter to.
    12-25-11 03:12 PM
    Hi,

Is it possible to have Facebook notify me with its little logo in the notification area of my BB and blink the LED when a friend posts a status update, or I get an update in my news feed? I have turned on every notification in my Facebook account to get sent to email, as I heard this is how the Facebook app gets its notifications, but it still will not notify me of these things. It does notify me of PM and that stuff though.
    You want a notification every time any fb friend updates their page, or your news feed updates? Wouldn't you be notified constantly?
    12-25-11 06:22 PM
    You want a notification every time any fb friend updates their page, or your news feed updates? Wouldn't you be notified constantly?
    I want it to work like Twitter and update once an hour and alert me of friend updates then.
    12-25-11 06:46 PM
    I want it to work like Twitter and update once an hour and alert me of friend updates then.
    I'm pretty sure the native app doesn't do that (no surprise there since it can't even handle messages) so you'd need to look at something like Socialscope which you could get to check facebook and notify you.

Two things though, Socialscope is still in Alpha so you'll need to apply for a code and second when I played with Socialscope it took me ages to find out I couldn't get the notification profiles set the way I wanted to despite having the app set to notify me as I wanted in practice it never actually worked that way.
    12-26-11 06:39 AM
    Perhaps social feeds can help ou out? It won't notify but you can check feeds and all. Anyway, there no reason doing such a thing. It will make your phone go crazy and will reduce battery enourmosly. That's my opinion of course
    12-26-11 10:09 AM
    I don't know if there is anything to do that but it will overload you.
    12-26-11 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD