Hey, wondering if any1 knows of a way to extract certain items from ipd files. asking b/c I have an ipd file that has some service books (ones i cant get sent from sprint/blackberry site) that I would like to put on my phone, but the thing is if i try to restore the ipd file to my phone using bdm it overwrites the existing service books on my phone (containing SB's that I can't reobtain). I have tried the ABCD programs but none of them allow me to merge service books, only mesages/contacts/logs/etc...
    07-17-08 07:23 PM
    You could merge service books by hand with a hex editor. You'll need to understand the ipd structure to do so.

Another interpretation of the ipd structure is here.

If you want to write a program to merge service books, take a look at the open source ipd editor so you don't have to start from scratch. <rant>I'd really like to see ipdeditor translated from C# to a standard win32 C app that doesn't require .NET</rant>

If you have more money than time then you could pay someone to write a service book merge program for you.
    10-09-08 02:43 PM
    This software I wrote allows you to merge service books and other items in IPD files:

hxxp://darkircop.org/bb/

To the second poster: it's open-source and written in C, though it's not a port of the C# program - it's a rewrite.
    07-04-09 04:07 AM
    sorbo can you tell me how to edit this service as per my apn.? i dont have BIS
    07-15-09 03:21 AM
    Hey sorry for the bad english. i mean can you tell me how to edit SB using ipd editor. or can you edit sb if i send you the details.
    07-15-09 03:22 AM
    Finally I merged 2 service book (BB map & Browser) by using the editor (thx for sorbo's info above)

hxxp://darkircop.org/bb/

First I extract my service book from DM. My SB got BB maps works, then I copy the browser service book from hXXp://bb.anworm.com/Home/english

Using above BB editor convert both ipd to xml file. Edit it, and copy paste required field "<record> </record>" to a single xml, and convert back to ipd. A bit of work, but it works now. Both Browser and Maps...
    08-18-09 02:05 AM
    dear Sorbo. This may sound like a ridiculous question or favor, but I have approximately 19000 sms messages stored on an ipd file and I have a current backup of my newest sms messages. The problem is that my phone broke and I obviously don�t have the ability to put both sets of messages on my new bb using the normal bb software. I saw you helped someone with there problem with service books and was hoping you could do the same for me. I know there is a program called ABC amber which will merge these files together however I don�t have anyway of paying for the full version and the trial is useless with large backups. If there is anyway you can help me I would be forever grateful as having these messages on my phone means a lot to me. Thanks in advance, zane
    09-03-09 02:35 PM
    All free IPD editors from web sites are not working for editing service book.
    Anyone can help me? Would like to get any IPD editor to change(edit and save) service book.
    09-21-11 08:50 AM
    Google "magic Berry" it is a freeware IPD editor.
    09-21-11 09:33 AM
    Google "magic Berry" it is a freeware IPD editor.
    I already tried magicberry. But saving is not working.
    I am finding perfect tool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by corssan; 09-21-11 at 09:39 AM.
    09-21-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD