...data plans here in Canada are not that bad...
    $45 = 4 MB* (BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) only), 150 Weekday Minutes
    $10/MB with Overage Protection, 30�/minute

$75 =7 MB* (available for either BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), 350 Anytime Minutes
    $7/MB with Overage Protection, 25�/minute

$90 = 25 MB* (available for either BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)), 350 Weekday Minutes
    $7/MB with Overage Protection, 25�/minute

BlackBerry Voice & E-mail Packages are available on 3 year service agreements only.

A one-time activation fee applies. A 50� 911 Emergency Service Fee and a $6.95 System Access Fee apply each month in addition to the monthly fee.
    It may be true that Rogers Corporate plans are tolerable, but the consumer plans are outrageous.

The data charges are the highest in the World. That is a very bad plan.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-09-08 at 02:37 PM.
    06-09-08 12:59 PM
    This is not my idea of a good plan. The data charges are the highest in the World. That is a very bad plan.
    Wait, they charge you $.50 for the 911 emergency service? How can that be legal? Did I read that wrong?

And those prices are absolutely outrageous. With Verizon, I pay a little over a hundred bucks a month and I have unlimited everything... Data, SMS, MMS, even voice....
    06-09-08 01:03 PM
    With my carrier its �10 for unlimited I fink the exsesive usage is 300 meg plus with some of the new tarrif you can get unlimited data for free but on certain tariffs like 600 mins 500 sms 18 months plus BB unlimited is �35 a month, plus I can get roaming data now which is 10 meg for �20 and 50 meg �50 for any country, the also have a BB unlimited roaming which is unlimited usage abroad for only �23.50 fair ussage on it thou and min 3 month term. souns like the U.K are getting alot
    06-09-08 01:29 PM
    $20 Value Pack

Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing
    2500 Sent Text Messages
    1000 Sent Picture/Video Messages
    Unlimited MobileMail Email
    Call Display with Name Display
    Enhanced Voicemail
    WhoCalled
    Mobile Backup

Rogers Vision Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing Plan, includes unlimited on-device mobile browsing using the Rogers Mobile Internet Browser only and is only available on select Rogers certified devices (PDAs such as Blackberry� or Windows Mobile devices, PC cards and non-Rogers certified devices are not eligible).
    In order to add insult to injury, they do sell Unlimited Browsing and Email, but not with a BlackBerry.

It gets worse. Rogers is introducing their WiFi UMA service with 8120 Pearl. The kicker is, you will still need one of the above data plans and they will be tracking every Kb of use, even though the data will be hosted by your Wifi network. Then, just to be mean, you can not call home from abroad with Rogers UMA.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-09-08 at 02:27 PM.
    06-09-08 02:21 PM
    Wait, they charge you $.50 for the 911 emergency service? How can that be legal? Did I read that wrong?

Remittance of fees

11 A telecommunications service provider shall, within 45 days after the last day of each month,

(a) remit to the Minister the fees for the NB 911 service that the telecommunications service provider collected during that month, less the billing and collection fees, ...

You read it right, all the carriers add on the 911 tax. Guess where it goes?

Speaking of Government tax grabs, those prices do not include Federal or Provincial taxes, add on another 15% on average.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-09-08 at 02:37 PM.
    06-09-08 02:24 PM
    well i feel a little better that i am among many, i.e. other rogers customers, getting ripped off. but why do/can theythat? i saw somewhere here it is because they kinda have a stronghold on the market...?....and when will or why don't they free it up...like the carriers in the states
    06-09-08 07:53 PM
    Rogers is Canada's only GSM carrier and they can do anything they want because they have the backing of the government and the CRTC.

OP has a 4 Mb cap and he will be paying $10 Mb for overuse. That is a couple refreshes of my Google home page.

There are larger caps available, I am thinking about the 50 Mb plan for myself, perhaps even the maxed out 2 Gb plan.

The only ray of hope is that big European carrier setting up shop here.... bring on the unlimited UMA plan.
    nevermind, i think i found my answer.
    06-09-08 07:57 PM
    I have to say that Telus really came through for me with my renewal. I have unlimited data for $15/month.
    06-09-08 09:37 PM
    That is great news, we have been hearing about Bell/Telus comming to the table with an unlimited plan.

Products and services / digital PCS / rate plans / Smartphone Totally Connected Add-ons - TELUS Mobility - British Columbia

Web browsing and application usage not available on BlackBerry� smartphones and is charged at pay-per-use rate of $8/MB on PDA smartphones.
    That is hardly unlimited data.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-09-08 at 11:09 PM.
    06-09-08 11:03 PM
    actually, I'm from Cananda. It does not use data. I don't have data package only e-mail. But I talked to Bell they said its free.
    06-11-08 11:49 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD