Hello.
    I have a Blackberry Bold and when I connect it to the PC I can only see the Internal Device Memory but I cannot see the Memory card (or external storage).
    The memory is the original one that comes with the Bold (1 GB)
    I hope any one can help me, because I dont want to store pictures and music in the internal device memory
    10-23-08 02:26 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I suspect you have it backwards. When you connect your device to a computer, it only sees the media card, not the device internal memory.

You can confirm that with Media / Explore. It will allow you to view both media card and device memory.
    10-23-08 02:31 PM
    Right on Reed, DM won't recognize your device's interal memory.
    10-23-08 02:36 PM
    Sorry to say the opposite.. but I can see the internal device memory.. because I only see the pictures stored in the internal device memory, not the external memory!
    10-23-08 02:40 PM
    Yes, this is true. It took me a while to work out what was happening. I was waiting for your last post before I posted.

You are using Desktop Manager with media manager and that is allowing you to see the internal Device Memory.

You should be able to see the Media Card two ways. One in Desktop Manager and the other as a USB drive in My Computer. Here's how.

With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.
    10-23-08 03:07 PM
    OK.. I did exactly what you said and I see a Blackberry1 (E:\) drive.. but when I go inside E:\home\user\pictures I only see the pictures stored in the device Memory. Same thing with the music folder.
    I realize that because I took a picture and I was unable to find it in that path, after disconecting the phone from the computer I copied the picture to the Device Memory (becuase the ca,era stores the pictures in the External memory) and when I receonnected the phone the picture was there!
    Any ideas?

Yes, this is true. It took me a while to work out what was happening. I was waiting for your last post before I posted.

You are using Desktop Manager with media manager and that is allowing you to see the internal Device Memory.

You should be able to see the Media Card two ways. One in Desktop Manager and the other as a USB drive in My Computer. Here's how.

With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.
    10-23-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD