Can someone let me know how to extend my call log so that the history doesn't reset. I want to be able to look back a week ago and see my call log.

Blueraven
    09-18-08 07:36 PM
    When you click the icon labeled "Call Log," you are only seeing a subset of the call log. The full Call Log is in a folder under messages. To see it, select Messages / Menu / View Folder / Phone Call Logs. You get 30 days of entries in the Messages Call Log folder.

If your call log is actually being deleted, it's because you are low on memory. That's unlikely with an 8330. If your Options / Status / File Free is greater than 12 000 000 bytes, then you should be fine. 8330's typically have 50 000 000 bytes free.
    09-18-08 07:41 PM
    When you click the icon labeled "Call Log," you are only seeing a subset of the call log. The full Call Log is in a folder under messages. To see it, select Messages / Menu / View Folder / Phone Call Logs. You get 30 days of entries in the Messages Call Log folder.

If your call log is actually being deleted, it's because you are low on memory. That's unlikely with an 8330. If your Options / Status / File Free is greater than 12 000 000 bytes, then you should be fine. 8330's typically have 50 000 000 bytes free.
    Phone Call Logs is not listed in this area on my phone. Odd.
    Would it be in another location?
    09-18-08 08:01 PM
    I've shared this tip numerous times, and no one has ever failed to find it in the given location. Are you sure you followed the path correctly? I don't know where else it would be.
    09-18-08 08:57 PM
    I've had this Curve for three weeks and I keep finding out things that it does. Will this ever stop? It's like opening a new present everyday!!!!!!!

Thanks Jeff

Blueraven
    09-18-08 09:26 PM
    With the 8330's 50% more memory, you won't need to perform the MOP, but you should, just because it's an excellent tutorial on how the device OS works. Consider it another present...

Why RIM didn't make the Call Log icon open the actual call log, as opposed to a subset, is a mystery to me.
    09-18-08 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD