I have a personal Verizon Blackberry Tour with over 1100 contacts. My new company is telling me that I cannot use my personal phone with their systems and that I have to use a new company owned AT&T Blackberry (model not known yet).

How can I get my contacts from my personal BB into the new BB, without having to forward vCards one at a time to myself?

Thanks in advance!!

Sean
    11-17-10 10:56 AM
    Id do a device switch wizard.

Its in DM, and will pretty much clone your personal info on to your new device.

A selective back up in DM will also work.
    11-17-10 10:57 AM
    Advanced Restore.

Select the backup that contains the contacts, select Contacts from the database and write that to the target device.
    11-17-10 11:16 AM
    +1 Reed, there may be personal info you will not want on your work bb. And with Reeds suggestion you can select which data bases to load into your newly issued bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 11:21 AM
    So am I linking the new work BB to my home Blackberry Desktop software for that swap?
    11-17-10 12:41 PM
    Either a device switch, or an advanced backup!
    11-17-10 12:46 PM
    So am I linking the new work BB to my home Blackberry Desktop software for that swap?
    There is no connection between them. You will use BlackBerry Desktop Software to make a backup of your Work phone. You will use Advanced Restore to selectively copy only the data you choose.

It is a one time process. In future, you will backup your personal data and your work data set to seperate files.
    11-17-10 01:02 PM
    You could also use Google Sync, which also gives you a nice "backup" of all your contacts in Gmail.
    11-17-10 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD