Hello everybody,
    I recently bought a curve 8520 to try blackberry.

I got a data plan with blackberry option (BIS).

I managed to add several email account as Gmail and my school exchange account (using owa option).

But, I also wanna add my work exchange account. Unfortunately, I can't add it with the owa option as I did before for my school account. The problem is that before I can put my login and password into the owa login page, I must put a random code with a card (like bank systems).

I know that the imap/pop is closed and also cannot forward my work emails to another email adress due to security reasons but mapi (activesync) is open.

Is there a way to add this exchange account without paying something like AstrySync?

Thanks & kind regards,
    Tom
    05-15-11 04:10 AM
    It looks like you have covered all the possibilities. With BB and exchange you have 5 options: BES, BESX, OWA, IMAP/POP, and forwarding or redirecting (which works better). Is there any way you can speak to your IT person to see if he can open up any options? If they allow active sync then they should be able to activate one of the alternatives I listed above. Good luck.
    05-15-11 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD