Hi all,

I've had my curve 8330 for a week, and I've noticed excessive (sometimes over 2-3 minutes) wait cursor madness, particularly with App World and the native browser, even when I am not running a lot of apps. I wanted to know if the 100MB built in memory is used for work RAM as well as app storage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 11:00 AM
    That is Sun Java's way of telling you a task with a high priority is being serviced. It is normal for it to take 30 seconds or more to wake up if you pull the battery, but not in normal service.

The most likely culprit is your memory. Check that with:

Options / Status. A file free of less then 5 Mb might explain it. If so, there are steps you can take to free up additional memory.

Another possible reason, a problem with the media cards or it connection. Remove the media card to test.

03-08-10 11:46 AM
    You need to use the Reed McLay, MOP, or Memory Optimization Proceedures....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    03-08-10 11:58 AM
    Mine is being replaced because of this issue.
    I can't even get BBM to "finish installing"
    Getting the hour glass and then with 23 mb free getting out of mem errors.....
    03-08-10 11:59 AM
    App World is a memory hog, you are often better off, especially on older model BBs using a web based store like the CB app store. http://software.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 12:11 PM
    yep was doing through the mobile site.....that verizon sent me a link to and they said it should not be doing this.....even a device wipe by typing in "Blackberry" didn't completely wipe the device.

So they want to put me in a tour come april (when I can upgrade at 2 year price) or wait until my ne2 in December.....but for now another curve......
    03-08-10 12:14 PM
    yep was doing through the mobile site.....that verizon sent me a link to and they said it should not be doing this.....even a device wipe by typing in "Blackberry" didn't completely wipe the device.

So they want to put me in a tour come april (when I can upgrade at 2 year price) or wait until my ne2 in December.....but for now another curve......
    I would hold out for the Tour2/Bold2/WHATEVER they are calling it, that is being released next, which has everything the Tour has plus wifi and a trackpad, and possibly an upgraded processor.
    03-08-10 12:18 PM
    That is Sun Java's way of telling you a task with a high priority is being serviced. It is normal for it to take 30 seconds or more to wake up if you pull the battery, but not in normal service.

The most likely culprit is your memory. Check that with:

Options / Status. A file free of less then 5 Mb might explain it. If so, there are steps you can take to free up additional memory.

Another possible reason, a problem with the media cards or it connection. Remove the media card to test.

Yeah it was killing me...Got rid of bebuzz, etc.
    My file free has been around 24 since getting rid of it, but the message still comes up.....it's odd.....battery life has gone down a lot since it started, but that seems because it's trying to constantly pull information, etc. while I get the hourglass.

PK I want the T2, think is, if my replacement can last till december I will. 50.00 credit is not worth 6 months aggrevation and I can't spell.
    03-08-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD