10-14-11 09:01 PM
29 12
tools
    The iphonne 2g,3g and 3gs looks the same , just the 4 that got a bit of cosmectic change

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And they want to talk about blackbbery looking the same for years. Umm the iphone has looked the same since 07. The asthetic differences are no different than what bb has done. They want to complain about how the software updates for bb have been laughable. Umm if I remember it took almost a year till a iphone could use mms. And copy and paste. They just got a camera with flash!

07-31-11 01:19 PM
    And they want to talk about blackbbery looking the same for years. Umm the iphone has looked the same since 07. The asthetic differences are no different than what bb has done. They want to complain about how the software updates for bb have been laughable. Umm if I remember it took almost a year till a iphone could use mms. And copy and paste. They just got a camera with flash!

I would disagree the iPhone has looked the same since 2007. The 2G had the aluminum back, switched to plastic (and thinner) for the 3G. Now the 4 has the glass back with aluminum band around the side.

Also in their defense, they started from scratch in 2007. That gave RIM a 5 year start. BBOS likely wasn't perfect in 2002, but I would say Apple has gotten their ducks in a row pretty quickly in terms of (a) establishing basic functionality and (b) rolling out features that, in my opinion, exceed those offered by BB (for instance, IMAP server support, tethering). Best of all, those updates didn't fix some issues while breaking other ones, as was the case with Storm 2 updates (bedside mode, OpenGL, address book duplicate entries).

All the while keeping their hardware current - something RIM certainly can't say, from the things consumers notice first hand (display, camera) to what's under the hood (processor, memory).
    07-31-11 05:29 PM
    Added the iPhone 4S. Now...to find something to fill in the blank BlackBerry spot with something....

It'll be awhile but I hope it's something good!
    10-14-11 08:44 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The 9780 is the same device as the 9700 with more flash memory, a slightly better camera and a different bezel color. The 3GS has a significantly faster CPU than the 3G though they are very similar in physical appearance.

(DeRusett) .... RIM dropped the ball between the time the bb 9700 was released ... ( I was one of the first to get one in Canada) and the Bold 9900 - 22 months between those dates !!! ... way to long!!!

I waited 22 months for RIM to provide an upgrade from the 9700! ... too long!!! ... in that time span the competition came out with significant products and cut into RIM's base significantly ...

RIM is just now playing catchup ... the Bold 9900 is the flagship product but it needs to improve the ecosystem and apps ....
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 10-14-11 at 09:04 PM.
    10-14-11 09:01 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD