Well said and worth thinking about.

glassofpinot and Chrisy like this.
    03-19-12 05:19 PM
    Valid observations for sure.
    03-19-12 05:40 PM
    I Love Louis C.K

Hits the nail on the head everytime.
    It is really funny how people (yes I'm guilty too) do get so frustrated and so worked up about the little things in life and forget to enjoy the greatness of our time.
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-19-12 05:41 PM
    I'm guilty too. I get caught up in expectations and possibilities and totally forget what an utterly amazing time we live in.

A couple of years ago I was getting annoyed with my computer when I stopped to realize I was 14 when the first calculator came on sale. It was 4 function and cost $150 at Sears. Today I have what by comparison would be an inconceivable super computer in my hand and I only paid $250. Adjusted for inflation, my pb is cheaper than that 4 function calculator.

So amazing.
    03-19-12 06:05 PM
    WOW, this was GOOD and sooooooo true. I just realized how old I am and how far technology has come in a very short time. NICE
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-19-12 07:06 PM
    We are spoiled that we can live this such modern time. Think about thousands years ago and way back and even more.
    Live life to the fulliest with the things you/we have now. Unfortunaly each life has a different story.
    Consider yourself lucky that you can sit behind the pc/laptop and ramble around with the people's here.
    Some are not that lucky as they are fighting for their survival every day all the way long.
    So amazing for you may be not amazing for others.
    jafobabe, Stewartj1 and kbz1960 like this.
    03-19-12 07:21 PM
    We are spoiled that we can live this such modern time. Think about thousands years ago and way back and even more.
    Live life to the fulliest with the things you/we have now. Unfortunaly each life has a different story.
    Consider yourself lucky that you can sit behind the pc/laptop and ramble around with the people's here.
    Some are not that lucky as they are fighting for their survival every day all the way long.
    So amazing for you may be not amazing for others.
    We live in an era of immediate satisfaction. This is what we are all being programmed to desire.
    byul! I was wondering when you would be back!
    03-19-12 10:58 PM
    verry interesting post
    03-20-12 11:25 AM
    I have the intellect, imagination and experience to know how much better it could be. Have you any idea how much progress is held back by control-freak politicians, anti-progress Luddites, environmental wackos, ultra-conservative religious, bureaucrats and lawyers--just to name a few? Things could be so much better if we could truly unleash the human race.

Things can also be far worse. Humans have a tendancy for in fighting, for hatred, and for destruction. We "unleashed" the human race to create a weapon that is more destructive than anyone could have imagined. And because of this, our race, and even our planet was brought to the brink of anhialation.

Those controls are in place (sometimes badly, sometimes they do incredible good) for a reason. Humanity is not at the point yet where we can rely on our own collective good nature to accomplish things.
    03-20-12 12:15 PM
    Really like this post.
    03-20-12 02:09 PM
    That was hilarious! Thanks!
    03-20-12 02:25 PM
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    03-20-12 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD