Did this at a bar the other day and found myself doing it since I was at the airport a few weeks back. I'd see a Bold and say, "Nice phone, did you see the Q10?"

I'd show them mine and just simply say, "They made it a little different now, but it's amazing."

If they already know about the Q10 I ask if they heard about the announcement of the BlackBerry Classic and most people I've encountered still using a Bold haven't.

They're always short, but very pleasant conversations.
    04-21-14 08:23 PM
    Shame how few know about BB10.
    04-21-14 08:35 PM
    Only the bad news. There know & only insists on the bad news.

My colleagues insists that John Chen says that he is going to sell off the hand set business. They keep insisting that John Chen says the hand set business is loosing money & BlackBerry will be selling it soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:40 PM
    Shame how few know about BB10.
    Very true...hoping to see a turn around on that.

and OP, I sometimes do the same thing if I see someone using BBOS, or if someone asks me for advice on what phone to get, and I show them BB10.

Anyway, I have done more marketing for BB10 than BB has...lol
    04-21-14 08:47 PM
    I keep telling about BlackBerry in my IT class and people seem to be quite interested although that's not enough for a switch. If someone with an OS7 phone is asking me about it I tell them that there's a huge difference to OS7 and definitely worth trying. Even a friend of mine who was owning a 9900 for a short period of time and disliked the OS a lot said it seems to be an entirely different story now. However he wouldn't switch. It's too much of a business phone for him. However, I've convinced a die hard BlackBerry user to switch to BB10 and she seems to be happy with it so far.

The chance I see is with the corporate users though who get their BlackBerry issued. If there will be a switch to BB10 I can imagine the brand could experience some kind of a boost. And there are quite some of them.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:39 AM
    My company actually stopped offering OS7 phones sometime last year, but we can get the Z10, Z30 and Q10. I actually just saw a couple of the 'stubborn' users turn in their 9900's for a pair of Z10's last month - they haven't asked me for help with anything yet, so they've either figured it out or are quietly hating the changed OS (though I did get an enthusiastic thumbs-up from one of them when I showed off my Z10 in a meeting lol).
    04-22-14 08:34 AM