And then obviously install a new OS? I ask because I have installed various apps lately, just to try them and ended up deleting all so them. Now I am thinking about cleaning out my device (jl_cmdr) and then re-installing OS so none of the other programs have remnants on my device. Am I being nuts?
    02-15-10 02:14 PM
    Is your phone not working right? I see no reason to do it.

I've wiped but only because I had to downgrade my OS.
    02-15-10 02:17 PM
    Working fine, but every now and then it seems to stall. I was thinking 'remnants' of programs could be the culprit
    02-15-10 02:33 PM
    If you just want to get rid of all apps, use the wipe function built-into the BlackBerry (find it under Options > Security Options).
    02-15-10 02:34 PM
    Working fine, but every now and then it seems to stall. I was thinking 'remnants' of programs could be the culprit
    I know how you feel.
    Just this morning I bricked my berry (totally removed the os from the device) in order to fix some small quirks.

Berries are pretty much as any computer out there: Every now and then you'll end up having to format the hard drive.

Now my 8520 is working as it should, but it was a pain for the last two days.
    02-15-10 04:10 PM
    I did that a couple of times with my 8330, but I don't think I'd do it now unless I had to. Of course, "have" is a very subjective word. I loaded the latest OS last night because of a bug in my original OS that prevented the homescreen (ie, weather) icons from updating. Same apps before & after, but my file free went from 93 MB to 102 MB and has been holding steady since. I did notice a bit of lag at first, but it's almost like the new OS had to settle in & it's great now.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-15-10 04:17 PM
    Yea I did twice on my s2 and tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 04:49 PM
    I just do battery pulls. I mean I play with my os so much that I don't see the point - it's always getting refreshed for me haha.
    02-15-10 05:10 PM
    I wiped my phone a few days ago due to some problems and a bad memory leak app. It was nice to have another fresh start.
    02-15-10 09:37 PM
    And then obviously install a new OS? I ask because I have installed various apps lately, just to try them and ended up deleting all so them. Now I am thinking about cleaning out my device (jl_cmdr) and then re-installing OS so none of the other programs have remnants on my device. Am I being nuts?
    good idea! just like formatting your good old PC Hard Drive.
    02-15-10 11:23 PM
    I just wipe if i have to.

if it gets sluggish my battery out and whip it back in
    02-16-10 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD