Ever since the playbook released, it seems as if every other new post on the crackberry main page is about the playbook. I miss reading all the articles about the blackberry phones and the in depth info. There used to be so many interesting posts all the time, like celebrities with blackberries hahaha . Now everything is playbook. Does anyone else feel this way or am i the only one?
    03-06-12 12:19 AM
    i think you are the only one considering you only have 3 posts

Yea I still do miss the BB articles because now every 3rd article is about PB.
    03-06-12 12:26 AM
    Yea I still do miss the BB articles because now every 3rd article is about PB.

And the other 2 articles are about?

Just askin...
    03-06-12 12:29 AM
    Ive been using crackberry for quite a long time now, i just never registered until recently.. So don't worry about me only having 3 posts

It's just annoying to see every post about playbook.
    03-06-12 12:30 AM
    the PB is less than a year old and is the first blackberry tablet.

considering the grounds already covered and still being covered by the iPad and android tablets, the blackberry tablet needs all the help it can get to avoid an early death

i think the attention is well deserved IMHO
    Jeovex likes this.
    03-06-12 12:36 AM
    PB has definitely taken over since the release of 2.0 but I have a PB and enjoy the reads. I guess there's not much happening with regards to phone news as of late.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-06-12 12:36 AM
    Pb is where the future is. Since the same OS will be used for bb10, it is not surprising Pb is getting a lot of attention from crackberrians.
    kbz1960, Jeovex and Chrisy like this.
    03-06-12 12:44 AM
    I have the bb100 phone,it is a hologram and you can time travel with it.
    wcgarette likes this.
    03-06-12 03:36 AM
    Considering that the current playbook is the stepping platform towards BB10, I think that the playbook deserves the attention. It will show people the potential and capability of the new QNX platform.
    03-06-12 05:58 AM
    I also find it somewhat boring to read continual articles about the Playbook. I am not interested in any make of tablet as I can accomplish all I want on my BB phone and my laptop.

So come on Kevin, let's have a bit more of a mix.

Alan.
    03-06-12 06:45 AM
    PB is somehow a preview of what your BB phone will be in a few (hopefully) months.
    So you don't waste your time; what you'd learn will be useful with your future phone.
    Since it's true the homepage mostly talks about PB, I've also noticed a bunch of articles about "how to's", leaks, apps and phone accessories. But the current headline is clearly the PB, as novelties are ... rare these days on the BB phone planet ...
    03-06-12 07:52 AM
    The PB keeps things interesting, especially the drama in the forums: the resentment and defensiveness that I find thread after thread makes for a great read. Much more entertaining than discussing *yawn* OS7.
    03-06-12 08:40 AM
    Change is good , if CB carried on the way it was, RIM would be in bigger trouble than the precarious position it's already in, as it would've meant nothing with them has changed.

What you see in the PlayBook is what's being built upon for the next gen BlackBerry devices, so it's not totally irrelevant to smartphones.

The only bad thing about the PlayBook launch and CB? The increase in trolls. Though there are legit users, you'll find a lot of those who exhibit trollish behavior have signed up April 2011.
    BearSnout and Chrisy like this.
    03-06-12 09:51 AM
    I have the bb100 phone,it is a hologram and you can time travel with it.
    The other platforms have had that for several months. In fact the new Android phone that is running Peanut butter cup and chocolate covered grasshopper sherbet sundae can even materialize a cup of earl grey tea (hot of course) from thin air.

RIM needs to catch up.
    03-06-12 10:06 AM
    If rim had a new phone to talk about, I'm sure it would be discussed.
    CR4V3, Bobcat665 and Chrisy like this.
    03-06-12 11:19 AM
    Its nice to see im not the only one who thinks this way. I understand that the pb is sort of like a preview to bb10, but the bold 9900 is not even that old. If we're constantly dwelling over the future of blackberry, then wheres the value in the phone you already have. I have a playbook myself, and all i think now, is that crackberry is sort of like an outlet for RIMs advertising in a way.
    03-06-12 04:55 PM
    It's kind of sad but OS 7 and the previous are old news.... VERY old news...
    There are *NO* new devices coming out with OS 7, *NO* new phones; not this year or any other. Maybe OS 7 devices work fast and fluidly but the general public just doesn't seem to care. They are not really selling that well and there are very few new developments on the phone side of things... for now...

It's only in the realm of the PB tablets that we're seeing much in the way of anything new and newsworthy. All we can do is hang on and hope that this time around RIM really does have something good up their sleeves with the new BB 10 OS and devices.
    03-07-12 01:58 AM
    The OP's observation is mostly right in my opinion. However, there is a reason; OS 2.0 just came out and it is the only thing really happening in the BB universe. It won't be much longer until the newness wears off and we all start getting itchy for something to happen.

By and large everything to be said about BBOS 4, 5, 6 and 7 has been said. There is not much going on with them. When the new 7.1 leak came out there were the requisite BLOG posts and threads but, that was so 23 seconds ago.

It would counsel patience grasshopper. BB10 is coming.

right on the money, once BB10 comes out, I'm pretty sure well see a balance as it will be equal news for the tablets and phones
    03-07-12 03:33 AM
    PlayBook is simply the most talked about thing on CB. It has changed things, as with most change it takes time to enjoy.
    03-07-12 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD