I am looking to unlock a couple of curves i have.I noticed that the company guarantees they will get the device unlocked aslong as it has not had the os updated.Historically i have unlocked one curve but it had the original 4.2 os the ones i am going to do are both updated to 4.5 os,ever had any issues unlocking a phone that you had updated the os on???,

Your thoughts guys before i pay for something that may not work,or should i downgrade them to the original os which i did a backup of,unlock the phone and then upgrade them again.

Cheers Highlander
    03-14-09 03:57 PM
    The carriers don't have problems with the unlock codes updated OS or not. That being said, can't see where a "UNLOCKING" company would have problems doing the same thing, considering the unlock code is based on the phones IMEI number, and not the OS.

Well I'd get more info from this company and ask them, since the phone has had it's OS updated, would downgrading allow for them to unlock it now?

I'd also ask them why the OS has to not be upgraded to allow for unlocking, since RIM and the cell carriers don't have the same restriction.
    03-14-09 04:43 PM
    The company in question is Uniquephones,yeah you have a valid point which I should have thought of,carriers give us updates and can still unlock the device.It had just made me think as they had a section on frequently asked Q"s,and they said they would gaurantee it unless phone had been updated,stolen or had an unlock code already tried in it and another couple of scenarios,

Thanks for your input, Highlander
    03-14-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD