hey guys newbie passport owner here I was wondering how you all experienced blackberry owners deal with other people that see what phone you have and give you crap about it like because you don't have snapchat or the latest phone I mean I bought this phone for the amazing keyboard and I love the design it's different when I went to tmobile to add this phone to my account looking at all the new phones they all looked exactly the same it made me feel better about using this phone but still everyone I've showed it to has looked in disgust lol
    07-30-17 12:34 AM
    Screw what people think if you're happy with the phone you have that's all that matters. They didn't buy it, they don't pay the bill
    07-30-17 01:04 AM
    This sounds veri spooki.
    The people I have around don't judge others by the phone they keep in the pocket. But to answer the question, if a situation like that hit me I would be literally horrified dd
    07-30-17 03:18 AM
    I've been rocking a white passport for 2 weeks now and I can say that people around me are excited when they see my new phone and that I'm happy with it - it's been a conversation starter 3 times already and I don't even go around showing it! Sounds like you're surrounded by the wrong lot bud, so first don't care about what they say, and second find friends that are happy when you're happy! I mean, seriously, who judges others by their phone or their social media presence? As @Huussi said, it's spooky indeed!
    07-30-17 04:31 AM
    I've been thinking about getting a Samsung decal off ebay and putting it over the "BlackBerry" on my Priv. I can almost guarantee it'll become the coolest phone ever made overnight!
    IvanTheTolerable and Wezard like this.
    07-30-17 07:55 AM
    That's what happens when a company decimates their brand name and leaves former lovers of their product out in the cold. People's hate for BlackBerry isn't out of no where. A lot of times its for a reason due to a really bad experience with one of their products, or they hung in their and BlackBerry kept telling them that they didn't need all of the modern features of a smartphone. BlackBerry was releasing phones like the Storm which was a horrific nightmare of a phone.

When they finally did move to a modern OS, they released the half baked joke that was the Z10. It improved over time, but at launch it was an embarrassment.

People moved on from BlackBerry but they don't forget.

Edit: And to answer your question OP, you don't do anything. I use BlackBerry phones and could care less what someone thinks about it. But I do understand where the hate comes from.
    MikeX74 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    07-30-17 08:50 AM
    That's what happens when a company decimates their brand name and leaves former lovers of their product out in the cold. People's hate for BlackBerry isn't out of no where. A lot of times its for a reason due to a really bad experience with one of their products, or they hung in their and BlackBerry kept telling them that they didn't need all of the modern features of a smartphone. BlackBerry was releasing phones like the Storm which was a horrific nightmare of a phone.

When they finally did move to a modern OS, they released the half baked joke that was the Z10. It improved over time, but at launch it was an embarrassment.

Edit: And to answer your question OP, you don't do anything. I use BlackBerry phones and could care less what someone thinks about it. But I do understand where the hate comes from.
    Lol, too funny. We're you one of those former lovers?
    07-30-17 09:43 AM
    When I worked in IT about 70% of us had Blackberry devices. It was great to just bbm eachother if we had an issue. Fun times.
    07-30-17 09:51 AM
    Lol, too funny. We're you one of those former lovers?
    Well I still use their products on and off. I've purchased all of them and use them when I feel like it. They used to be all I'd use.
    07-30-17 10:40 AM
    First, I clue them in on the fact that this is a new phone that runs android. Then I comment about it being the most secure public phone on the market. Then I say, "I like tools, not toys" and let them hold it for a minute for feels. What I don't do is argue or make a comment about their phone. Can't let that stuff get to you.
    Leonatthebeach likes this.
    07-30-17 10:45 AM
    Don't worry about it, enjoy your new phone!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-30-17 11:38 AM
    First, I clue them in on the fact that this is a new phone that runs android. Then I comment about it being the most secure public phone on the market. Then I say, "I like tools, not toys" and let them hold it for a minute for feels. What I don't do is argue or make a comment about their phone. Can't let that stuff get to you.
    Geez, tools not toys huh. How's that go over since you are most likely running the same OS as they are.
    MikeX74, Couver81 and TgeekB like this.
    07-30-17 01:44 PM

Whhaaatt?? Z10 a bad phone?? Its stil my best durable allscreen smart phone ive owned.. i even bought one for my gf and she drops everything. Ive had a q10 and a bold and now the passport since 3years (stil going strong). And all people that has borrowed one of my blackberrys had said that its the best phone tehy have had with ONE exception.. the apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 02:02 PM
    I'm pretty sure that it is a symptom of everyone wanting you to be the same as them. People don't like to be different. And, as a result, they ostracize others for being different because, in some way, it makes them re-evaluate themselves rather than just reaffirming that they *must* be making the right decisions because everyone else is doing the same thing.

It's OK to be different. And, if someone is making fun of you for making a different decision than they did, it's time to toughen up that skin and not worry about it. It's more about their own insecurity than anything. Either that or call them a hippy and tell them to "get a haircut"... I dunno.
    07-30-17 02:22 PM
    Whhaaatt?? Z10 a bad phone?? Its stil my best durable allscreen smart phone ive owned.. i even bought one for my gf and she drops everything. Ive had a q10 and a bold and now the passport since 3years (stil going strong). And all people that has borrowed one of my blackberrys had said that its the best phone tehy have had with ONE exception.. the apps.

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 was an embarrassment when it launched. The OS was a bug ridden mess. The battery life was and is horrific and the camera was and is terrible for a phone released at that time.
    07-30-17 02:38 PM
    Stuff like this only fuels the fire in my experience Defending it just brings on more pain lol. I have just stopped talking about my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and Couver81 like this.
    07-30-17 02:43 PM
    hey guys newbie passport owner here I was wondering how you all experienced blackberry owners deal with other people that see what phone you have and give you crap about it like because you don't have snapchat or the latest phone I mean I bought this phone for the amazing keyboard and I love the design it's different when I went to tmobile to add this phone to my account looking at all the new phones they all looked exactly the same it made me feel better about using this phone but still everyone I've showed it to has looked in disgust lol
    I was just curious, what age group are your friends, or those who were disgusted and giving you crap?
    07-30-17 06:17 PM
    I was just curious, what age group are your friends, or those who were disgusted and giving you crap?
    I'm sure they were from 13-25.. Lol after that everyone stops giving a $h!t what other people are using a phone.I never had anyone give me **** for using my BlackBerry. Buy I have had people go ,"wow BlackBerry still makes phones?" Not that they want one. Just they thought they were gone away for years
    07-30-17 06:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I loved the z10 too but I couldn't say it was durable. I actually ended up buying 10 replacement screens/front housing combos from etradesupply because the screens were pretty fragile and if you cracked it at all you couldn't use it anymore.
    07-30-17 06:25 PM
    wow seems I sparked quite the debate here but I guess it's not so much everyone around me giving their opinions of it just they tend to give that what were you thinking look because it seems today people automatically believe if you have anything other than a Samsung or an iphone your not up to date on the latest stuff and therefore your not relevant it's so ****ty have you guys seen the galaxy s8 and the new iPhone they practically use the same home button feature like its not even a button anymore are buttons becoming inferior lol I don't let others hate bother me in the end it's just a phone with a GLORIOUS keyboard
    07-30-17 07:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep extremely durable. My 4 year old z10 is my daily driver. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-30-17 10:01 PM
    While sitting in First I had a woman look over at my PassPort......she then said wow a BlackBerry.......then asked are you with the government? My response was.......they call me Bond....James Bond. A good laugh was had by all.
    Last edited by thatguyusa; 07-31-17 at 09:31 AM.
    07-31-17 06:44 AM
    Well this happened about 2 years ago, BUT when I had my Passport I took it in to the Apple Store. I was picking up an iPad and I had to show them my pickup email or text or something, so I pull out my passport. The employee was amazed and asked 'WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!" I explained that it was a BlackBerry Passport. He said "they are still around?" I told him yes. He was really admiring the phone and he said he really liked it. He even called over a few of his colleagues to check it out. Now MAYBE they laughed about it later, BUT most of them seemed impressed with it! At the time it had a current Android run time and handled Android apps like a champ!
    07-31-17 08:07 AM
    All the time

Posted via CB10
    07-31-17 08:17 AM
    my bigger issue is my older brother he uses android and of course we sometimes send eachother stupid videos over snapchat back when I used a samsung when I told him about me getting a blackberry he laughed and says does that have snapchat and I'm like no he says wow that's stupid I'm over here thinkin dude we are almost in our 30s snapchats for chick's I don't bring my android everywhere but he still sends me snaps and it's not until I get home I see them he will send me an angry text for not responding quickly so my most annoying situation is my brother who uses pointless messaging apps to contact me and gets mad that I don't use the same
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-31-17 09:40 AM
95 123 ...