Ok,

So i have been trying to learn about the vent log. Its awesome. But i want to get some help from you all because lets face it. Your the ones who know it.

So, from what I have learned so far.. a log would look like the following.

a PhoneApp - OCC calling +18885551212 - 12/20 18:19:10
    a PhoneApp - Backlight +ACS - 12/20 18:19:10
    a PhoneApp - pulse on - 12/20 18:19:10
    a CC - Init,168 - 12/20 18:19:10

So IF i have this right.

"a" tells me that this is "always logged". the second portion, "PhoneApp" tells me which program is making the action. the information after "-" tells me what action it took.

for example.
    a CC - Conf t+168 - 12/20 18:19:10
    a PhoneApp - calls !empty - 12/20 18:19:10

Tells me that "PhoneApp" deleted all calls by the Conf t+168 listing.

Or am I not even close?

Im trying to learn where in the log it shows me when I delete calls.
    i have tried deleting "all calls by this user" and then checking the log again right after, and that "calls !empty" is the only thing that sticks out so far.

Thoughts?
    12-21-11 11:28 AM
    You have the basics down. Some things just won't show in the EL, and I suspect deleting call logs would be one of them.

I'm curious.......For what reason would you possibly need to know this? You could easily look up the call record via carrier site, and know if someone made a call they didn't want you to know about. Using password protection would seem the solution to me.
    12-21-11 11:59 AM
    It started out as trying to see when my ex was deleting her call logs. but then I got to a point where I just wanted to understand the thing. Its a great tool and the more I learn the better of a tool it becomes.
    12-21-11 12:01 PM
    I guess I should recommend she use password protection.

Yes, it can be a very effective tool for sorting out an issue. Not something I look at very often though, fortunately.
    12-21-11 12:12 PM
    lol hahaha nahh its all good. house smells better with the trash gone any way. but When I got into it, I was amazed at all the stuff it did log. and thought hey! i should get to know this tool. lol
    12-21-11 12:14 PM
    lol hahaha nahh its all good. house smells better with the trash gone any way. but When I got into it, I was amazed at all the stuff it did log. and thought hey! i should get to know this tool. lol
    At one time I guess, she thought the same.
    12-21-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD