Dumb question: What is the purpose of the Event Log?...and would I ever need it for anything?
    09-29-08 10:54 AM
    Dumb question: What is the purpose of the Event Log?...and would I ever need it for anything?
    You dont need the event log it just logs what you have been doing on your berry. If you want to free up some memory we advise you to delete it every so often.
    09-29-08 10:57 AM
    10-4! I guess I'll just clear it out then. Thanks!
    09-29-08 11:15 AM
    Yep I've stopped my events from logging with no obvious ill effects.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 11:22 AM
    Yep I've stopped my events from logging with no obvious ill effects.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Correct GM, so do I. The event log is simply a diagnostic tool that can be completely removed from the OS if you want it too. No ill effects will happen. If you want it to stop logging, hit Alt LGLG and clear event log, then uncheck ALL of the boxes by hitting menu button>toggle setting. That's it...
    09-29-08 11:50 AM
    I also finally deleted the sample Blackberry Video, and MAN did those two things free up some memory. Wow!
    09-29-08 12:56 PM
    I also finally deleted the sample Blackberry Video, and MAN did those two things free up some memory. Wow!
    The BB sample video is one of the biggest preloaded memory hoggers there is...
    09-29-08 04:38 PM
    From what screen do you press ALT LGLG - or where do I find the event logger to clear it?
    10-08-08 10:46 AM
    from your home screen press it. i also have my log unchecked on everything i don't need it lol
    10-08-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD