Hello,

I'm travelling around Europe for 15 days to be exact and my first destination would be Vienna..Countries I'm traveling to would be Austria, Czeck , Hungary, Germany and United Kingdom.

Need to know which connection should I purchase in Vienna which will work without any hefty international roaming charges in above countries.

Also blackberry services work easily..(only bbm and mail needed).

W/r,
    Raghav
    06-13-11 04:39 AM
    None, you'd be better off keeping your own sim from your country. There's still international charges between those countries. Make sure you have a GSM blackberry, no CDMA over there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 03:19 PM
    That's true, but the roaming charges within the EU are capped. I would have thought that a SIM from pretty much any of those countries would be lower than the roaming charges applied back to a country outside.
    06-13-11 05:43 PM
    That's true, but the roaming charges within the EU are capped. I would have thought that a SIM from pretty much any of those countries would be lower than the roaming charges applied back to a country outside.

Well, i agree ... the rates for overseas are very high, it's a lot more cheap to plan your "cellular travel" and make a big save with it.

First of all you need to make sure that the Blackberry device you will be using there is supporting GSM, a CDMA device with GSM support can be also good.

Then make sure your Blackberry is unlocked - you can unlock it here: Blackberry unlocking

If you done all that you can use your Blackberry in Europe with prepaid SIM cards, they are cheap and you can control it because it's pre-paid and mostly it has a few carriers in each country that lets you find a cheap deal that suits your needs.

I would suggest you to get a special sim card for Europe like this one here:
    Prepaid Europe Sim card - this one can be used in the places you are visiting for a short time, in places that you visit for more then 1 day you can simply get a prepaid sim and use it.

in this way you will have 1 prepaid sim card that will be used as the "master" to get calls and everything from other countries - you will save money because it's cheaper then what your carrier can provide, and you can switch sim cards if you need to use a local one.

Just plan your trip right, check on the internet what deals you can get and where and enjoy a lot of phone-using while you travel - without loosing money.

have a nice trip!
    06-13-11 06:11 PM
    I used my blackberry device with # different sim cards over the last 2 months because I've been to 3 different countries. anyway when i returned to my country of residence my blackberry stopped working with the original sim card.
    the device works as a normal phone so I can take calls and sms but none of the blackberry services is working (BBM, Browser...) when i used my sim on a different phone it worked fine but not with my device..
    so now I'm desperate> I don't know what to do.

PS: my phone was not locked with a carrier I just bought it from a phone shop.
    plz help
    09-09-11 04:54 AM
    I used my blackberry device with # different sim cards over the last 2 months because I've been to 3 different countries. anyway when i returned to my country of residence my blackberry stopped working with the original sim card.
    the device works as a normal phone so I can take calls and sms but none of the blackberry services is working (BBM, Browser...) when i used my sim on a different phone it worked fine but not with my device..
    so now I'm desperate> I don't know what to do.

PS: my phone was not locked with a carrier I just bought it from a phone shop.
    plz help
    I think it's a service book issue, update the service book with the one of your carrier.
    09-09-11 05:14 AM
    Hello,

I'm travelling around Europe for 15 days to be exact and my first destination would be Vienna..Countries I'm traveling to would be Austria, Czeck , Hungary, Germany and United Kingdom.

Need to know which connection should I purchase in Vienna which will work without any hefty international roaming charges in above countries.

Also blackberry services work easily..(only bbm and mail needed).

W/r,
    Raghav
    XCom Global MiFi is $15 per day for unlimited 3G data and it can support up to 5 devices. It sounds expensive but is much cheaper than roaming charges.
    09-09-11 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD