Okay, guys. I've posted before. No luck. Basically I'm getting an error message when using certain programs. The error messages say my device is trying to access inside and outside the firewall and cannot.

Now, the cliche response I get from the forums is "Make sure your BB doesn't have an IT policy."

Yes--I know that. I've been using Blackberrys for years. Probably longer than you.

Here's the deal. I've been using Blackberrys for years and have old Backups. My newer backups are backups of old backups since every time I get a new BB, I reload the older backup. Something within that backup is preventing me from using certain programs such as UberTwitter or Bing. Other apps too.

You may suggest disable firewall? Nope. The device won't let you. The option is grayed out. You may suggest allow ALL for the security settings of those mentioned programs. Tried it. Doesn't work.

Today, I got my new 9700 as a warranty replacement from T-Mobile. I would like to load my old phone into this one. I saved the IPD file and I'm ready to load. But then the dreaded error will come back. I'd like to start fresh but I have way too many contacts, settings, programs contained within my Backup to want to start over again.

Is ANYBODY--I REPEAT ANYBODY out there that knows a solution to this other than popping my phone in the microwave for one hour? ANY SOLUTION?

ANYBODY?

Please don't recommend the obvious, replace IT policy, bla bla bla. This has happened to 3 or 4 past BRAND NEW SEALED BBs once I load my previous BB's IPD file. AND NO I NEVER HAD AN IT POLICY in a previous BERRY. YES I checked my security options and made sure no IT policy exist. I even went as far as replacing the IT policy with a blank one. Error still exists.

So what's this error about "inside and outside the firewall?"
    03-31-10 09:43 PM
    Have you tried just loading the things you need from a back up? Just do contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and anything else vitally important. It's got to be a strange setting you have somewhere, so it would be good to go through and reset all your settings and such. Start over with just the things you need.
    03-31-10 09:56 PM
    Ive never tried that. Thanks for the tip... does DM 5.0+ allow you to do this?
    03-31-10 10:04 PM
    Okay, guys. I've posted before. No luck. Basically I'm getting an error message when using certain programs. The error messages say my device is trying to access inside and outside the firewall and cannot.

So what's this error about "inside and outside the firewall?"
    Which programs?
    03-31-10 10:06 PM
    Ubertwitter and Bing. It's in my original post
    03-31-10 10:47 PM
    Bing. It's in my original post ...
    lol, there is your problem, Microsoft and BlackBerry?

I had a similar message with TetherBerry. It resolved when I disabled the firewall. The references to Policy was a red herring.
    03-31-10 11:15 PM
    When you go to do backup click advanced backup and select the key things like calendar and contacts and such selecting only the key things you want by using CTRL + CLICK to select multiple items. If you reload all your probably loading old app settings and other unnecessary items that mess with your os and a newer berry.

Good luck

It might be a good idea to do an entire wipe of your device and reload the os entirely and THEN backing up the few things you really need. Use BBSAK to backup apps and wipe your device, works great for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD