Is there any help with error code 523
    02-03-10 12:31 PM
    A quick google search found this:
    Saturday, November 21, 2009

BlackBerry App Error 523

BlackBerry App Error 523

Yesterday I received a call from my friend that his BlackBerry Bold is suddenly displaying an error and showing RESET. I asked him to Hard Reset (Remove Battery and Replace after Some Time).

He told me that he has performed the action so many times and now his handset is not booting at all. On seeing what the Error Message it was displaying, it showed (App Error 523).

Now many users must be wondering what is App Error 523?

APP ERROR 523 also known as JVM 523 means System Process Died. This means the Java Loader has failed to initialize the application and has stalled. This error is common to BlackBerry users.

According to BlackBerry the cause of this error is due to some bad code in applications installed or some problem with the operating system files. There are only two options left for the users:-

******** Un-Install the culprit application In most cases which application is culprit is unknown to the user. This thing only works when the user knows which applications are the culprit and most importantly the handset boots after the hardware reset.

Re-Install the OS This is one of the best options according to Research In Motion (RIM). They recommend that the handset be installed with the latest OS, so any problems occurring with the previous codes will be either corrected or omitted. This option has one disadvantage, chances of taking data backup are 0 to 1 %, and is also not recommended. Since restoring the backup from the device having the App Error 523 can increase the chances of occurring again.

I would recommend reinstalling the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 02:24 PM
    I never hit the reset option, i just do a battery pull and works everytime. This is like the control alt delete.
    02-03-10 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD