I am getting an error message when trying to uninstall/install BB Desktop Manager. It gives me the error "Error 1327. Invalid Drive E:\" then exits the Install Shield program. I uninstalled it by removing everything from my machine and registry but am still getting the error when trying to reinstall it. HELP!!!
    04-27-08 06:51 PM
    Are you installing from the CD or from a file you downloaded? Also, do you remember what registry keys you removed?
    Last edited by sunkast; 04-27-08 at 07:09 PM.
    04-27-08 07:05 PM
    I tried both the CD and a downloaded version. I removed the Research in Motion keys from both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER. I followed the uninstall instructions found on the BB website.
    04-28-08 08:13 AM
    After removing the registry key, did you reboot before trying the reinstall? If not, try again...
    04-28-08 08:18 AM
    Yes, I rebooted. It seems as if there is a problem with Install Shield.
    04-28-08 04:24 PM
    I think the problem is that a registry key you deleted was not supposed to be deleted. Do you happen to have back up of the registry or a system restore point you can restore from before you deleted the registry keys?
    04-28-08 04:31 PM
    I could probably restore to a point prior to the deleted keys but I am not sure restoring the keys would help. I am getting the same exact error I received prior to deleting the keys. The deletions that I did came straight from the BB Desktop uninstall instructions.
    04-28-08 05:06 PM
    See this document: You receive an "Error 1327. Invalid Drive" error message when you try to install Office 2000

It says Office 2000, but it could be related.
    04-28-08 06:06 PM
    [HTML]I had exactly the same problem on Windows Vista. I tried this it worked.

Ok,

Start > Run > RegEdit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Select Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Explorer > User Shell Folders.

In the list in my case i had E:\Pictures (The Invalid Drive). It might be F for you but anyways you catch my drift.

So "right click" Modify Then change it back to %USERPROFILE%\Pictures (That's if it is pictures and lets say not Music.

Good luck anyways.
    [/HTML]
    06-01-08 01:00 PM
    Greg.T for president!
    07-29-08 12:28 PM
    Nice fix. Thanks for the help.
    12-29-08 05:51 PM
    Hey all.

I tried what you suggested and was given this new error message:
    Error 1606.Could not access network location%USERPROFILE%\Pictures\.

I admit I have no idea what any of this means, so any additional insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    01-27-09 01:25 PM
    This isn't the right solution for me..... I actually have my profile on the "Z" drive which is a NAS drive. So I don't want to move the directory back to the main directory. Help!
    02-17-09 08:06 PM
    I just followed the steps above and had to delete the registry keys that i modified to make the install work. give that a try.
    03-25-09 12:32 PM
    After spending a few hours dealing with the same error problem, I logged on and tried several of the suggestions. I made it to your post and what a relief! I deleted the whacky invalid drives from the registry and it worked. Uninstalling BB was a breeze from that point on. All this to say: people try this, and thank you.
    05-01-09 08:58 PM
    Yeah but when I do the above settings it creats a new folder and %userprofile% is no longer where I actually store that stuff (pictures, music, etc.)

why is it always such a farkin' pain in the ***
    07-25-09 04:38 PM
    I am next to computer illiterate and it worked a treat for me. Thankyou again you are a genius Greg.T
    08-26-09 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD