Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, for those of you that don't know Erica she is a big mobile phone reviewer on Youtube. She posted this video of the passport with generally very positive reviews.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Bigruss8; 01-18-15 at 08:03 AM. Reason: typos
    01-18-15 08:02 AM
    Does she have huge hands? I was expecting it to look too big for her and it doesn't.

***Thinks about buying one again***
    01-18-15 08:13 AM
    I think it's a fair review from someone who is not familiar with using BlackBerry. There is always a bit of a learning curve on any operating system.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 09:33 AM
    Finally an in depth review which shows that "most" services are available!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 10:24 AM
    I think it's a fair review from someone who is not familiar with using BlackBerry. There is always a bit of a learning curve on any operating system.

Posted via CB10
    She also did a review of the Q10. Erica and Lisa Gabe from MobileTechReview are my favorite reviewers.
    01-18-15 10:37 AM
    Good review,camera seemed disappointing, hopefully a software fix can improve it. BlackBerry needs a killer camera on their phones. Where is that new camera hire that BlackBerry advertised?

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer likes this.
    01-18-15 10:52 AM
    Just watched this an hour or so ago! She's one of my favorite reviewers and always goes ridiculously in depth. The only disappointing things about this review was the camera performance and the fact that she said she's going to be returning it. Still a fabulous review though.
    01-18-15 11:09 AM
    The camera on my passport is terrible. It takes about 5 seconds to actually get a shot off. On top of this the colors are all off. Luckily I don't do too much phone photography. I recently went to Europe for vacation and made the easy decision to take my Z10 -- much, much better photo quality.

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 likes this.
    01-18-15 01:12 PM
    The PP has a bad camera? Is this real? At 13MP? Is it the functionality of it or the pic quality? If this is true it can't be the device itself but must be a bug in 10.3...?

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    01-18-15 01:30 PM
    Camera on the Passport is fine. People are ******** about it because it's not an iPhone camera.

Sorry, last time I checked my Passport was a phone first, camera a distant third.

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:00 PM
    Subscribed to her channel. A lot of quality reviews on all smart phones . One of the best on the Web.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:07 PM
    I like that she used it for a week before doing a review. At least you know you are getting an honest review from a person that is "real world"
    Good, bad or indifferent, her review is solid based on how Joe Average would purchase and use it in today's marketplace.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    01-18-15 02:24 PM
    Really nice review, Erica seems to know what she is doing.
    01-18-15 02:34 PM
    Very nice review...for an. Awesome smartphone

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:40 PM
    Why should it not be as good as an iPhone camera, or better? This BlackBerry should not compromise on. Get that new hire going.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:24 PM
    Camera on the Passport is fine. People are ******** about it because it's not an iPhone camera.

Sorry, last time I checked my Passport was a phone first, camera a distant third.

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    You need to stay current in things. Stand alone camera sales are declining as the cell phones takes over much of its market share.
    It is lusted,by consumers as one of the major items wanted in a cell phone.
    Instagram and Facebook depend on selfies and cell phone produced pics.

Your out of touch. Just like Mike L. Was when he said folks didn't want a camera.
    I have never used an iPhone camera and but know a good performing camera when I see it.

BlackBerry hates America!
    denicoespadilla likes this.
    01-18-15 03:28 PM
    Thanks for posting!

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-18-15 03:28 PM

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    Sorry mate. While that may be the way you use your phone, for those of us who use it as a personal communication device, a camera that will actually focus in a second or so is essential.

Like it or not, there are many reasons to take a pic - seeing a beautiful sunrise while running, something funny your toddler is up to, or just to record a moment that is special to you. In most of those situations you'll have a phone around, but not a dedicated camera. Most phones (including the Z10 and Q10, in my experience) will allow you to capture a decent picture quickly in those situations. Some phones (like the Lumia 1520 or 1020) will take exceptional pics. The Passport sucks because, by the time it focuses, the toddler is a blur, or the spontaneous moment is lost.

The Passport may have nice camera hardware, but in that case they really need to work on the software. I love my Passport, and have got rid of every other phone I have, but even my Bold 9900 will capture better pics of a spontaneous moment than the Passport will, and that is just not acceptable for a modern smartphone.
    denicoespadilla likes this.
    01-18-15 03:43 PM
    I liked her review and she had a lot of positive things to say about the phone. Her review of the iphone 6 plus was not so kind.
    01-18-15 03:47 PM
    Yeah. Very disappointed with the passport camera. I was hoping to get some great pictures with it but it takes forever to focus. Pictures came up blurry and orange Hugh.

Still love passport though.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:49 PM
    Great review. Probably one of the best I've seen yet.

Thanks for posting.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    01-18-15 04:12 PM
    Overall I would say with the right techniques the Passport will yield amazing photos. This is feedback from friends not just my opinion. I regularly take better pictures with my Passports than iPhone 6 / Plus users and in group photos they will ask me to take the photo (no joke.) Does this mean the camera is better? Not exactly - it means that if you learn how to use it you can get awesome results, especially nighttime photos that you expect only from DSLRs. I think that technique matters the most, and the Passport keeps you in the game.

I think a lot is based on the OS version you're using as the software does make a difference. Then it's also understanding how the camera works and when the picture is actually taken. (I've noticed it's not really when the shutter sound goes off depending on the mode.) There are then the standard tricks of technique for any BlackBerry 10 phone with respect to steady hand and shutter release, exposure, and mode settings that affect white balance relative to the focus point. Naturally the most important is framing but that's not specific to the Passport (although there are important resolution differences in the aspect ratio you choose to take the photo with.)

I will say that the Passport focus is better in 10.3.1.2072. Much faster, but it still has some issues in very low light and needs a couple tricks to get it right.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by drkpitt; 01-18-15 at 06:20 PM.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    01-18-15 04:16 PM
    drkpitt -

Yes, we've all taken great pics with the Passport. It is possible to do it, I know.

However, here's a situation I had to deal with this past week:

My daughter (4 years old) is learning how to skate. We were out on the pond, and it was a windy day. The wind was blowing her around a bit, and it was beautiful. So I whip out the phone and try to take a snap shot of this. Nothing.....just a blur! I switch to video and a get some decent video of this event, but it sucks that the stills were not going to happen.

Yes, if I had a few seconds to change the settings, I could probably have got a decent shot, but nobody should have to do that to just get a decent pic.

Again, there's little point in posting more 'great pics' taken with the Passport camera - there are many threads on Crackberry that show you can. There are also a huge number of complaints about the camera software - for good reason.
    Made in flanders likes this.
    01-18-15 04:27 PM

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but this is just an excuse.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    trsbbs likes this.
    01-18-15 04:28 PM
    Sorry but this is just an excuse.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    Not just an excuse... A VERY LAME excuse!

Posted from an ME173X
    trsbbs likes this.
    01-18-15 04:34 PM
94 123 ...