Hi All,

I have a strange problem. I downloaded an .ogg file that I emailed to myself (a ringtone). And now, I can't find it ANYWHERE in any of my media files. So, I thought it failed to download. I attempted to dl it again from the same email and the dl option was not available. SO, I emailed it to myself again in a new email. Dl'd it again. I got the message: "This file already exists, would you like to replace it?" I renamed it #2 so I could dl the same file again, just in case something screwy happened on the first DL.

Well, I figure the fact that the file already exists, means the phone knows it has it and has successfully downloaded it. But I can't find either of the two copies of this file under any media heading on my BB!

Is there some way to call up a master directory list of all files on a BB? Like looking at the list of files on the hard drive of a computer?

This is really bugging me. It's a large file. I don't want it taking up memory space if I can't even use it.
    01-19-11 09:03 AM
    Oh, and PS: I have the BlackBerry Pearl Flip if that helps diagnose.
    Thx.
    01-19-11 09:04 AM
    I didn't think the Blackberry media player supported .OGG files. I would try converting it to MP3 then e-mail it to yourself again.

You should have an icon called "Files' in the applications folder. this is used just like looking through a windows directory.
    01-19-11 09:09 AM
    ^ Yeah, I'm thinking that's why the file isn't visible, because the format isn't supported.

Unfortunately, I have no "files" folder in my applications folder. This phone was majorly screwed up when I got it and required a lot of DL and re-DL'd of the OS.

If I go to the App updater in my desktop manager on PC, do you have any idea what ap it is I need to update to make the "files" folder reappear?

Thx.
    01-19-11 09:21 AM
    going to media then hit BB menu button then scroll down to explore will give you the same as the files app
    01-19-11 02:28 PM
    oh yeah while in the files app goto the menu and select show hidden, you can then see, find some files in the tmp or system folders
    01-19-11 02:35 PM
    This board is great

Thanks ChillFactorz. Your first suggestion worked. Your second one I had already tried and it doesn't work. It's not a matter of my "files" folder being hidden, it was erased when my OS was screwed up, and now I don't know how to get it back! Oh well, that's a battle for another day, I guess. Glad I got rid of the errant .ogg files. Just wish I knew how to get my "files" folder back in my applications menu. . . .
    01-19-11 07:20 PM
    This board is great
    Just wish I knew how to get my "files" folder back in my applications menu. . . .
    You may need to reload your OS to get this back.
    01-20-11 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD