Is there any way to tell what is being tracked? I am new to smart phones, and my BB is connected to my employers server.
    04-05-10 09:15 PM
    Just about anything on the BB can be tracked by your BB Admin
    04-05-10 09:27 PM
    04-05-10 09:35 PM
  4. T
    All good info, but (unless I misunderstand) it seems that the OP is asking whether there is some practical way to tell exactly what the watchers might me watching at any given moment or what might have already been tracked. ("Can I tell if they've read my email?") Seems highly unlikely to me that there would be some way to tell ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 10:48 PM
    Make friends with your local BES Administrator? :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at
    wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 09:06 AM
    If I have yahoo mail on my BB can my BES read my messages? or my email?
    04-06-10 11:57 AM
    Did you read the information in the link??

What syncs/is stored/is accessed by the BES includes:

* Corporate email
    * Corporate calendar
    * Corporate PIM data: Address book, memo pad, tasks
    * Browser bookmarks
    * Browser site history: Via the BlackBerry Browser
    * Password Keeper data: Although this cannot be accessed in any way, even when restored to another device, without the PK password
    * PIN messaging data: Including the actual message sent/received; logging turned off by default
    * Phone call data: Date/time of call, number called/received, length of call; logging turned on by default
    * Text message data: Including the actual verbage of the text message; logging turned off by default
    * Blackberry Messenger data: Prior to BES 5.0 SP1, this one is extremely klunky to get and I don't know a single BES Admin that turns this one on. With the release of SP1 for BES 5.0, logging BBM data is done the same as PIN, phone call, and text message logging, so I expect more companies will be using this feature.
    * All applications installed on the device: Games, stock apps, etc.
    * OS version installed on the device: So we'll know if you upgraded to a beta OS!)

What a BES Admin can't see:

* BIS email messages (I *might* be able to see what service books you have, but cannot read the messages)
    * Browser site history (via internet/WAP Browser)
    * 3rd party IM messages (Yahoo!, MSN, etc), although I can see which of these applications you have installed.
    * BlackBerry Messenger contact names/PINs
    04-06-10 12:02 PM
    I guess I dont see yahoo email, only yahoo messanger listed above? I am new to this thing and not very techy obviously.
    04-06-10 06:56 PM
    In all likelyhood they are probably not even closely monitoring your BES email. Probably they just do spot checks, and investigate only when instructed to do so. BUT you never know, better safe than sorry. What that old expression? If it's something you would not want on the front page of the New York times you probably should not email it.
    04-06-10 07:33 PM
    @amnb02 - Yahoo mail would be included in BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 09:38 PM
    Thanks so Much jbeachy, I am non technical and did not understand what BIS meant.
    04-07-10 08:16 PM
    And just so I am clear every type of text message SMS and MMS are all logged as well?
    04-10-10 02:14 AM
    And just so I am clear every type of text message SMS and MMS are all logged as well?
    Yes and yes with one caveat. Just because it can be does not mean
    it is. Err on the side of caution.

It really is this simple. The BES admin can monitor as much or as
    little as they wish.

Learn this rule and live by it: If you don't want to see it on a 1 x 1 whiteboard
    in a termination proceeding, disciplinary hearing or court of law it should NOT
    go out over your phone.

If you are really worried, use the phone as your company dictates and buy
    another for your personal use. Problem solved.
    04-10-10 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD