I have recently found a fix to the blackberry lock of doom.

Problem:

The phone has somehow been locked out to the point of making you type "blackberry" to unlock phone.

But it comes up with an error message saying its the last time and will wipe your phone.

The cycle of entering blackberry does not help

FIX:

First enter "blackberry"

Second type your original 4 number password (it will say its the wrong password)

You will repeat typing your password again and will say its wrong again

Ok third time is a charm but this time it will show letters that correspond to the 4 numbers of your password. Example being 1234 will show up as "wers".

Lastly select by either trackpad/trackball or clicking of screen for the storm.

This should hard reboot the phone and come back on with just having to input the original password like normal and you will be good to go.

Please comment on this and post if this works for you.

This is bad problem that Blackberry says there is no fix and will just wipe your phone, so please try and this might need to be "sticky"ed if is a working solution.
    inosikacu likes this.
    02-06-11 03:10 PM
    Not sure what you're on about here. Wiping after 10 wrong entries is a security feature designed to keep your personal information from being recovered if your device gets lost or stolen. So of course there's no "fix", it's not an issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 04:54 PM
    The original post in this thread makes no sense. If you can't recall your password, you have no recourse but to let your device wipe. You can then select a new password, reload your backup, and be good to go. What the OP describes as a bad bug is actually normal password security.
    02-06-11 05:13 PM
    The original post in this thread makes no sense. If you can't recall your password, you have no recourse but to let your device wipe. You can then select a new password, reload your backup, and be good to go. What the OP describes as a bad bug is actually normal password security.
    +1

If it's s personal device and having a password lock is too much trouble that a "fix" is needed, just disable it. There's no way around wiping after too many incorrect entries.

02-06-11 05:30 PM
    And the ridiculousness of this post couldnt have been guessed by the OPs post count? LOL
    02-06-11 06:16 PM
    And the ridiculousness of this post couldnt have been guessed by the OPs post count? LOL
    From the wap forums I can't see post count. I gauge ridiculousness from content.

02-06-11 06:19 PM
    Doesn't it sound like the OP was entering the incorrect password when they couldn't see what they were typing? Maybe they had alt depressed mistakenly when creating it.

Then when they could view on the screen what they were actually entering, they got it right?

Jeff, I know you mentioned this in many posts to users having PW issues. You can probably explain it better.

02-06-11 06:21 PM
    Post count is an imperfect predictor of post content. If the chief architect at RIM joined CrackBerry, he (or she, I don't know the person) would start with a post count of 0.

I'm not sure what the OP was trying to say.
    02-06-11 06:26 PM
    I was being facetious
    02-06-11 06:43 PM
    Since none of us know what the OP was trying to say, and since he's not here to explain himself, I'm going to close this thread.
    02-06-11 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD