So I was messing around with the lock screen, completely forgetting that this message comes up after 10 wrong tries.

It's a 9900 on OS7. I have alot of data on the phone and I don't think wiping it is the best way to go. If I do type in "blackberry" would it give me an option to cancel it and just type in my password to get into the device?

Or would I have to remove the media card, then wipe the phone? (most of the data is on the media card).
    06-21-13 11:05 AM
    If you tried 10 out of 10 times and missed each time, typing blackberry will wipe the phone. Do be on the safe side, pull the media card before you do it. I believe the wipe is only the device itself, but better safe than sorry.
    06-21-13 11:11 AM
    I believe what you are seeing is the "check" message that pops up after you've entered the password wrong 5 times. It's designed to allow you to see what you are typing in case you somehow have the caps lock or something on and are not typing the correct letters for your password. typing in "blackberry" should give you five more tries to enter the proper password.

If you do remove the media card, the phone won't wipe it, of course.
    06-21-13 11:12 AM
    So I was messing around with the lock screen, completely forgetting that this message comes up after 10 wrong tries.

It's a 9900 on OS7. I have a lot of data on the phone and I don't think wiping it is the best way to go. If I do type in "blackberry" would it give me an option to cancel it and just type in my password to get into the device?

Or would I have to remove the media card, then wipe the phone? (most of the data is on the media card).
    Media card is not affected by the Security Wipe. You may not have reached the 10 tries threshold, yet, it does that a couple of times before it does the wipe on the 10th.

Are you using encryption on your media card?
    06-21-13 11:15 AM

It's a 9900 on OS7. I have alot of data on the phone and I don't think wiping it is the best way to go. If I do type in "blackberry" would it give me an option to cancel it and just type in my password to get into the device?

Do you still remember your real password?
    How many password tries is remaning? Blackberry gives you 10 tries.
    06-21-13 11:16 AM
    Aha, thanks. I removed the media card just in case I would have to wipe it.

I typed in "blackberry" and it turns out it was only on 6/10 and I was fine.

Although it was a little strange as I remember tying in wrong passwords a few times and it repeatedly said I was on 4/10 or something.

Thanks to all the people here anyway.
    06-21-13 11:27 AM
    Aha, thanks. I removed the media card just in case I would have to wipe it.

I typed in "blackberry" and it turns out it was only on 6/10 and I was fine.

Although it was a little strange as I remember tying in wrong passwords a few times and it repeatedly said I was on 4/10 or something.

Thanks to all the people here anyway.
    Glad to hear you'd not exceeded your limit. Please tell me you have backups stored, just in case? If not, now would be a good time while it's fresh in your mind.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-21-13 05:21 PM
    BK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got a MOD STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-21-13 07:24 PM
    BK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got a MOD STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hiya, thanks! Trying to be worthy of it, for sure. I'm not gonna need to use it on you, am I?

06-21-13 11:01 PM
    Hiya, thanks! Trying to be worthy of it, for sure. I'm not gonna need to use it on you, am I?

Ha! Of course you will!!! You know I'm "difficult."

Way cool, love!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    06-21-13 11:37 PM