I am curious. Normally when I am going to bed, I will leave the phone on bedside mode. Will this take up more battery or just leave it at home page and eventually become idle?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 02:20 AM
    Just get a charging dock.
    Phone goes into bedside mode automatically when you put it in the dock and it charges while you sleep.
    01-07-11 02:55 AM
    You can set the settings to go into bedside mode with the standard charger also. From the clock app. Menu/Options, halfway down are the bedside mode settings. It doesn't use a significant amount of juice. It's all a matter of personal preference, but normally for me I do not use it anymore. I plug in the charger and put the bb into standby mode. Didn't like fumbling with the keys in the middle of the night to get it out of BSM.

01-07-11 01:39 PM
    Charging dock seems very cool! Time to save money baby!

Thanks for replying guys.
    01-07-11 08:42 PM
    The nice thing about the charging dock is that is just touches the external connectors at the bottom of the phone. I had the mini usb port wear out on my Curve from using the standard charger every night. The dock saves that from happening and saves your usb port for syncing to your computer.
    01-08-11 12:49 AM
    Maybe it's just me but I think it charges better using the dock/charging points instead of the usb port.
    01-08-11 06:01 AM
    Maybe it's just me but I think it charges better using the dock/charging points instead of the usb port.
    What do you mean by better?
    01-08-11 08:36 AM
    What do you mean by better?
    Seems to last that little bit longer.

01-08-11 09:26 AM
    Seems to last that little bit longer.

It's the same battery
    01-08-11 09:42 AM
    It's the same battery
    Maybe it's a more direct charging route, maybe the usb port is a bit limited, I don't know, it just feels that way, maybe somebody else knows more.

01-08-11 09:48 AM
    A traditional charger will be able to charge the battery to a higher extent afaik.
    01-08-11 10:23 AM
    A traditional charger will be able to charge the battery to a higher extent afaik.
    Explain please
    01-08-11 09:34 PM
    once a battery is fully charged, that's it. the dedicated charger will charge it a bit faster than plugging into a USB port, but they both accomplish the same thing. once it's full, it's full.
    01-09-11 05:20 AM
    I wonder if it's more to do with what happens after the battery is fully charged.
    When I go to bed I put it on the charger and turn bedside mode on. I assume within 2 hours max the battery is fully charged so what happens after that is important as the phone is still on, radio and wifi and the screen showing the clock as well all draining the battery. Does it keep it on a trickle charge?

01-09-11 05:35 AM
    I am curious. Normally when I am going to bed, I will leave the phone on bedside mode. Will this take up more battery or just leave it at home page and eventually become idle?

I wouldn't use bedside mode if I wasn't charging the device at the same time. Are you saying that you put it in bedside mode when it's off the charger?

01-09-11 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD