Hey everyone. I've been a lurker here for quite a while but felt it was time to finally put my $0.02 in. First, my very first BlackBerry was an old Curve 8330 on Verizon back in '08. It was my first smartphone and I loved it like nothing else. Then I got a Storm 9550 and, in spite of it's problems, stuck with it. Then I was "seduced to the dark side" and got the G1 on T-Mobile and flirted with Android for a few years but it never felt right. I missed the look, the feel, the tight email integration, the security, even the notifications of BlackBerry. I eventually got rid of my latest Android, a Nexus S on Sprint, and bought the Bold 9930 the second it came out with a Curve 9350 as a backup later on. It finally feels like I've come back home after being gone for so long...

...and WTH do I find infesting my home?!? Trolls and whiny crybabies whining that "RiM is dead" or "RiM is gonna sell" or "Imma get an iPhone or Droid 'cause RiM is crap".

You know what?

You want to leave so bad? LEAVE!!! We don't need folk with that kind of attitude here in this house! Go ahead and go to your flash-in-the-pan "flavor of the month" if you want but DON'T bring that prissy, holier-than-thou, condescending attitude in this house!

Okay, so RiM made some bad mistakes under Mike and Jim. So what? Every major company makes mistakes, especially high-profile ones that are big players in the mobile industry. Wasn't it another certain fruit-flavored company that was under fire for putting people's personal data at risk with it's offerings last year? Where were the ugly comments then? How about when the mobile blackout happened after both a freak earthquake/hurricane ripped up the East Coast last year? Everyone else was shut down but it was BlackBerry, the so-called "dead technology" everyone loves to hate on, that kept people going in that crisis.

Now we hear BB10 is delayed until Q1 of 2013. So what? The OS7 devices are here now and still work fine. The Playbook is still here, which both gives you an idea of what to look for in BB10 and blows the competition away as far as form and function. Right now, the worst enemy RiM and Blackberry have isn't the media but US, the consumer. We have to be our own advertising for the company until RiM gets itself together. Bad attitudes and impatient, immature posts DO NOT HELP. I just got back from setting the sales reps at my Sprint store, Radio Shack, AND Staples straight on RiM's status because they've been misled into thinking the company's going belly-up (WHICH THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE OF A FEW BAD STOCK REPORTS).

I'm sorry for the lost post but I've had to sift through lost of bad posts lately and it's gotten on my nerves. But here I am, a BlackBerry fan to the end. I know it's not easy, and I also know people are fed up with waiting because the previous management left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. But I'm willing to wait.

Maybe I'm crazy.

Maybe I'm delusional.

But I will NOT give up on Research in Motion or Blackberry or be bullied/scared into going elsewhere right now. Thorsten Heins and his team have another 6-8 months to deliver and I know BB10 will be worth it. If I'm wrong, then so be it. But we'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by voyager84; 06-28-12 at 10:16 PM. Reason: correcting some misinformation
    06-28-12 06:13 PM
    Wishing for something doesn't make it so.
    06-28-12 06:17 PM
    Meaning what exactly?
    06-28-12 06:19 PM
    There's other BlackBerry sites that aren't all doom and gloom. Though I agree today's news of a delay is really bad.

Check out N4BB - BlackBerry news, forums, leaks, rumors, how to for BlackBerry talk without the other stuff.
    06-28-12 06:21 PM
    holier-than-thou, condescending attitude in MY HOUSE!

Your the one whose post smacks of that attitude. "Your house"....? Get a grip.

This thread should be removed.
    kingest_kong likes this.
    06-28-12 06:23 PM
    Meaning what exactly?
    Simple waiting for miracles is the way a stock is zeroed out and a company goes bankrupt and make no mistake that's a real possibility with RIM. I believe they will announce a sale to a larg tech company any day either amazon or Microsoft. At ther current cash burn rate they will be broke by 2014 . You seem overly emotional when business doesn't perform it fails that just the way economics is. If you don't innovate u die and RIM didnt.
    Last edited by JTATL; 06-28-12 at 06:28 PM.
    06-28-12 06:26 PM
    So my attitude is wrong because I'm fed up with seeing so much negativity floating around? And, for the record, it's not just "my house" but everybody who stuck with both the site, RiM, and BlackBerry through all of this.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-28-12 06:27 PM
    Your house....you have 3 posts.
    06-28-12 06:28 PM
    Whie I do not hold out hope for RIM... more because I do not think they could market BB10 devices even if they gave them away and not so much their financials.... RIM is unique as they have a steady cash flow.... part from their network infrastructure and alsp from monthly fees from the carriers for BMM..... per phone...so for now they will survive financially.... that is of course if and when they are sold.....
    06-28-12 06:30 PM
    So my attitude is wrong because I'm fed up with seeing so much negativity floating around? And, for the record, it's not just "my house" but everybody who stuck with both the site, RiM, and BlackBerry through all of this.
    And you contributing to said negativity with a negative post is helping "your house" how?
    06-28-12 06:31 PM
    I've been with Rim from 2005 - 2012 . I only recently switched to iPhone 4s because my contract was up with sprint and os 7 phones were all that was avail. I still have my playbook so don't get condescending. You are basically a newbie and if RIM ever comes out with bb10 I'll buy one but I won't hold my breath.
    06-28-12 06:31 PM
    I used to be just like the OP. Big time BlackBerry fan and I still am. The only difference is a few months ago I quit being vocal about it. Today's news makes me feel like an utter moron. I spent so much time and effort defending RIM and my choice of phone. In the end it just makes me feel embarrassed. I had so many arguments with people over a stupid phone that I am ashamed to think about it. I actually lost a good friend over platform fanboy wars.

I'm done being a fanboy of any company. It seriously isn't worth the effort.
    06-28-12 06:37 PM
    Fair enough. I may be a newbie, and sorry for sounding overly passionate, but it gets irritating after a while hearing nearly nothing but bad news about RiM. As far as sounding condescending, I was speaking in general and not to be disrespectful.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-28-12 06:37 PM
    Fair enough. I may be a newbie, and sorry for sounding overly passionate, but it gets irritating after a while hearing nearly nothing but bad news about RiM. As far as sounding condescending, I was speaking in general and not to be disrespectful.
    word of advice kid, when and if things turn around for this company, the mood on these boards will turn around. when a family member dies, is anyone in the room optimistic? this is a dark period, this board reflects it. what is there to be optimistic about? bb10? the thing that was being touted at the jams as later this year, now it's next year? you should read the story about the boy who cried wolf, although it's a simple children's book, it's message applies here.
    Yaceka, Drew808 and kingest_kong like this.
    06-28-12 06:44 PM
    Just a phone, in the end it honestly isn't worth getting that invested in. Been there, done that
    06-28-12 06:44 PM
    word of advice kid, when and if things turn around for this company, the mood on these boards will turn around. when a family member dies, is anyone in the room optimistic? this is a dark period, this board reflects it. what is there to be optimistic about? bb10? the thing that was being touted at the jams as later this year, now it's next year? you should read the story about the boy who cried wolf, although it's a simple children's book, it's message applies here.
    That's what has me the most upset. I was in Orlando for both BBWC and BB10Jam. That means I was lied to in person at least 50 some odd times lol. A few times from Thorsten himself while I sat 20 feet away.
    06-28-12 06:47 PM
    Just a phone, in the end it honestly isn't worth getting that invested in. Been there, done that
    Yes just a phone, but to a lot of people on here, its a company in which they are financially invested in.
    06-28-12 06:47 PM
    So I've been reading the posts in this thread for the last 20 minutes or so as they appear. As far as I'm concerned, the OP's message is right for the most part. He might've came off rubbing a lot of people the wrong way, but I understand in frustration we can all come off pi$$ed and sometimes I get pretty arrogant. But the big picture here is this:

It's hard to stay enthusiastic when the trolls come in and tell you how much of a moron you are for using a BlackBerry. REALLY?! Is that relevant ever? I mean we're all here to help, be helped, converse, and so on. I really want to know if someone thinks that telling you how wrong you are is going to make you turn around and say something like " Wow thank you for pointing out my arrogance, I'll go out and get the phone you think I should have"

I like to come here to have enlightening conversations with everyone, and I really enjoy my time in the forums. If I find a loosing battle in here, I move on. To each his/her own though. I'll be stepping off my soap box now, but on a side note:
    My Bold works just fine, as does my PlayBook. RIM's stock might be in the $hitter right now and that sucks, but device wise, I'm still happy as a clam.
    06-28-12 06:54 PM
    Agreed...if you don't want to be here or with BlackBerry anymore then leave..but do it with some class. Do I want BB10 of course but my Bold 9930 is still a kick azz device and love my 64gig PlayBook. I enjoy good humorous fighting in BlackBerry about why the Bold 9900 / 9930 are the flagship phones and the curve is more of a toy for kids.

Leave if you must have Skype and Netflix or you are just not happy because of your cell phone.
    maddie1128 and voyager84 like this.
    06-28-12 06:56 PM
    I agree with you OP. BB OS7 devices are still very good.

People with older BBs waiting for BB10 should get an OS7 device, pair it with a playbook and wait the few extra months for BB10
    Don't get ne wrong, I LOVE my 9930. But just not sure what my next phone will be. I just got this though, so it will be at least 10 months before I upgrade.
    I also have been happy using all my BlackBerrys. No need to panic and worry that we have to wait for BB10. Its only a phone, people! Not worth fighting about...
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-28-12 06:57 PM
    Today's news regarding the delayed release of RIM's BB10 platform is unfortunate to say the least. I've been a staunch BB user for many years now and rather recently I even upgraded to the 9900 and developed the conviction that I would still buy a BB10 when it was finally released in either Sep/Oct or Nov of 2012.

I guess that purchase won't happen. However, on a personal level this turn of events in no way dissuades my like of the 9900...I really like this phone and it excels at everything that I need it to do...I won't be changing phones anytime soon because my 9900 is rock'n!

Perhaps RIM will make it out of these dark days, perhaps they won't, both the market and consumer will decide that fate, which is just as it should be.

OP, as far as your ownership of this house goes...perhaps you're being rather optimistic with regards to your influence within this community. You see, I'm a newbie here as well, but I've followed this site for years just as I suspect you have...nonetheless, I do realize that it is anything but "My House".

Your passion for BB is noted.
    Last edited by OLY-JIM; 06-28-12 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typo.
    06-28-12 07:03 PM
    Hey everyone. I've been a lurker here for quite a while but felt it was time to finally put my $0.02 in. First, my very first BlackBerry was an old Curve 8330 on Verizon back in '08. It was my first smartphone and I loved it like nothing else. Then I got a Storm 9550 and, in spite of it's problems, stuck with it. Then I was "seduced to the dark side" and got the G1 on T-Mobile and flirted with Android for a few years but it never felt right. I missed the look, the feel, the tight email integration, the security, even the notifications of BlackBerry. I eventually got rid of my latest Android, a Nexus S on Sprint, and bought the Bold 9930 the second it came out with a Curve 9350 as a backup later on. It finally feels like I've come back home after being gone for so long...

...and WTH do I find infesting my home?!? Trolls and whiny crybabies whining that "RiM is dead" or "RiM is gonna sell" or "Imma get an iPhone or Droid 'cause RiM is crap".

You know what?

You want to leave so bad? LEAVE!!! We don't need folk with that kind of attitude here in this house! Go ahead and go to your flash-in-the-pan "flavor of the month" if you want but DON'T bring that prissy, holier-than-thou, condescending attitude in MY HOUSE!

Okay, so RiM made some bad mistakes under Mike and Jim. So what? Every major company makes mistakes, especially high-profile ones that are big players in the mobile industry. Wasn't it another certain fruit-flavored company that was under fire for putting people's personal data at risk with it's offerings last year? Where were the ugly comments then? How about when the mobile blackout happened after both a freak earthquake/hurricane ripped up the East Coast last year? Everyone else was shut down but it was BlackBerry, the so-called "dead technology" everyone loves to hate on, that kept people going in that crisis.

Now we hear BB10 is delayed until Q1 of 2013. So what? The OS7 devices are here now and still work fine. The Playbook is still here, which both gives you an idea of what to look for in BB10 and blows the competition away as far as form and function. Right now, the worst enemy RiM and Blackberry have isn't the media but US, the consumer. We have to be our own advertising for the company until RiM gets itself together. Bad attitudes and impatient, immature posts DO NOT HELP. I just got back from setting the sales reps at my Sprint store, Radio Shack, AND Staples straight on RiM's status because they've been misled into thinking the company's going belly-up (WHICH THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE OF A FEW BAD STOCK REPORTS).

I'm sorry for the lost post but I've had to sift through lost of bad posts lately and it's gotten on my nerves. But here I am, a BlackBerry fan to the end.
    To the end ....FTW.
    Its almost funny to see how deluded people can be. Oh well if there can be someone chewing another person's face, whats another RIM fanboy to brace for the end as well.
    06-28-12 07:08 PM
    And here it comes...
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-28-12 07:10 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD