Enough with the 'just you wait....it's going to be great' comments please. People were saying that a year ago and the year before that. It's not happening. Don't believe me? Look at their operating margins. Look at their stock price. Look at their market share.

Believe me now.

They just can't do it. Their tablet was delayed, and it flopped. The update that finally brought EMAIL was delayed, and it flopped too. The only thing that moved any of them off the shelves was a price cut that was like a big middle finger from RIM to the die-hard believers who shelled out 600-900 for a new one during the botched launch.

For MONTHS I've been hearing 'Just you wait...' about BB10. It was coming this summer, just like email was coming to the Playbook last summer. Neither happened, because they can't do it. This is a con-game at this point, people need to wake up and stop pretending the competition is such a bad thing for releasing products when they say they will.

Amateur hour is over, it's time for RIM to leave this to the pros.

Just you wait...
    06-28-12 09:47 PM
    In before locked.
    06-28-12 09:52 PM
    In before I'm banned (again) for not pretending everything is sunshine and lollipops in Waterloo.
    waker and yanicmb like this.
    06-28-12 09:54 PM
    How about enough of all this I-told-you-so crap. Nobody is pretending anything. And you should get banned for basically insulting everyone's intelligence by making ridiculous statements like this. Ha, ha.
    SnoozerBold and kbz1960 like this.
    06-28-12 10:04 PM
    No reason to lock this thread. Everyone's allowed to rant ermmm vent

Did venting make you feel better? Not trying to be an @$$ either.
    06-28-12 10:07 PM
    Everything I said has already been proven true. Your attitude is typical 'you should get banned for telling the truth and expecting us to believe is, how dare you...'

I will make my own prediction about BB10 that may or may not be true:

It will never ship. (Not a fact, but a theory)
    bk1022 likes this.
    06-28-12 10:08 PM
    Yes it did, thanks

No reason to lock this thread. Everyone's allowed to rant ermmm vent

Did venting make you feel better? Not trying to be an @$$ either.
    06-28-12 10:08 PM
    That's all that matters!
    06-28-12 10:18 PM
    I agree with Lisa. Too many broken promises, and can we trust them to deliver in Q1 2013? Someone has to be made accountable for this. Delays happen, but it becomes unacceptable if it becomes chronic and excessive. If I kept being late on my deadlines at work, I would be out a job.
    06-28-12 10:19 PM
    I agree with Lisa. Too many broken promises, and can we trust them to deliver in Q1 2013? Someone has to be made accountable for this. Delays happen, but it becomes unacceptable if it becomes chronic and excessive. If I kept being late on my deadlines at work, I would be out a job.
    Ummm, the former co-CEO's are gone. I'd call that accountable. Perhaps you'd be happier if someone were to hold their families hostage until BB10 drops, too?
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 06-28-12 at 11:53 PM.
    06-28-12 11:06 PM
    Everything I said has already been proven true. Your attitude is typical 'you should get banned for telling the truth and expecting us to believe is, how dare you...'

I will make my own prediction about BB10 that may or may not be true:

It will never ship. (Not a fact, but a theory)
    No, you shouldn't get banned for telling whatever it is you're telling, you should get banned for being obnoxiously snotty and rude about it.

Now it's time for you to visit a few friends on my ignore list.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-28-12 11:09 PM
    Ummm, the former co-CEO's are gone. I'd call that accountable. Perhaps you'd be happier if someone were to hold their families hostage until BB10 drops, too?
    They may be gone but the delays are not. Perhaps laying off 5000 people is going to slow things down.
    waker likes this.
    06-29-12 08:06 AM
    They may be gone but the delays are not. Perhaps laying off 5000 people is going to slow things down.
    No, it's going to speed things up. Less people to blame for failure.
    06-29-12 08:14 AM
    I'll just never understand why people come here simply to gloat about rim failing. It's always confused me. I was one of the rim supporters. And while this recent call has caused me to lose faith in them and I agree with much of your sentiment I still don't want them to fail. I don't get why so many people do want them to fail and crap on others for hoping they don't
    06-29-12 08:18 AM
    someone has been made accountable, the 5000 workers that got laid off
    06-29-12 08:21 AM
    Enough with the 'just you wait....it's going to be great' comments please. People were saying that a year ago and the year before that. It's not happening. Don't believe me? Look at their operating margins. Look at their stock price. Look at their market share.

Believe me now.

They just can't do it. Their tablet was delayed, and it flopped. The update that finally brought EMAIL was delayed, and it flopped too. The only thing that moved any of them off the shelves was a price cut that was like a big middle finger from RIM to the die-hard believers who shelled out 600-900 for a new one during the botched launch.

For MONTHS I've been hearing 'Just you wait...' about BB10. It was coming this summer, just like email was coming to the Playbook last summer. Neither happened, because they can't do it. This is a con-game at this point, people need to wake up and stop pretending the competition is such a bad thing for releasing products when they say they will.

Amateur hour is over, it's time for RIM to leave this to the pros.

Just you wait...
    My 9900 works just as well today as it did yesterday, as far as I'm concerned they can take their time, my upgrade is end of 2013 anyway.

I don't care that it's late, it suits me. It would be pretty hard to top the 9900 keyboard to be honest.
    06-29-12 08:23 AM
    My 9900 works just as well today as it did yesterday, as far as I'm concerned they can take their time, my upgrade is end of 2013 anyway.

I don't care that it's late, it suits me. It would be pretty hard to top the 9900 keyboard to be honest.
    The issue is that there might not be a company to roll out the new OS if this continues. BBOS7 is getting long in the tooth, and now it has to hold the fort against Windows Phone, and new Androids and most certainly a new iPhone.

A friend just asked me 'is RIM still around??' That is the kind of shape they are in now.

Declining profits and Declining Sales week by week, (lower, faster, lower faster) that is the definition of a death spiral.
    06-29-12 08:31 AM
    The saving grace is that the members of crackberry will keep Rim's profit margin up so no fear
    06-29-12 08:35 AM
    The issue is that there might not be a company to roll out the new OS if this continues. BBOS7 is getting long in the tooth, and now it has to hold the fort against Windows Phone, and new Androids and most certainly a new iPhone.

A friend just asked me 'is RIM still around??' That is the kind of shape they are in now.

Declining profits and Declining Sales week by week, (lower, faster, lower faster) that is the definition of a death spiral.
    Yeah, we've already been trough this when BB7 was delayed, and here we go again.

Just like then, the delay suits me and probably everybody else that upgraded to BB7 when it first came out.

As for the rest, il worry about it when BBM stops working, till then I'm good, thanks
    06-29-12 08:38 AM
    Really why care if they are failing? Why care if others believe they will pull it out of the nose dive? Why waste the energy?
    06-29-12 08:42 AM
    I have no complaints about my current hardware /software combination. The emotional roller coaster over update, new handsets, etc is just crazy. We are not going to change the world with our obsessions with technology. I will still wake up and have my coffee and revel at the beauty of the day and that I am still here. I want RIM to succeed and others should, also. To wish failure and demise on a company that is trying to stay afloat and still provide employment and security is just not human. They provide a very good product and I personally believe in supporting local and homegrown business, but, only if they provide a quality product, and they do. For anyone else, well, that's an individual decision now isn't it?
    grover5 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-29-12 08:42 AM

What are you so excited about? Maybe they will and maybe they won't. Why are you seeking validation based on the outcome?
    06-29-12 08:44 AM
    I have no complaints about my current hardware /software combination. The emotional roller coaster over update, new handsets, etc is just crazy. We are not going to change the world with our obsessions with technology. I will still wake up and have my coffee and revel at the beauty of the day and that I am still here. I want RIM to succeed and others should, also. To wish failure and demise on a company that is trying to stay afloat and still provide employment and security is just not human. They provide a very good product and I personally believe in supporting local and homegrown business, but, only if they provide a quality product, and they do. For anyone else, well, that's an individual decision now isn't it?
    Well said, thoroughly agree.
    06-29-12 09:00 AM
    I don't CARE about the hardware delay, you silly sallies. I care about the ignorant goofs who come here and pollute the forum with the same recycled s**t constantly.

@Rickroller - I can be serious if I want. And ignorance sometimes deserves a nice loogie in the face regardless of the recipients gender so harbour your indignant feelings, sweetheart.

@Ynomrah - Yes, I am passionate about RIM. They are literally an hour drive from me. I have friends and family who work there.

I think the saddest thing about this is the fact that people are completely oblivious to the fact that this RIM-hatred isn't necessary, and it's making everything worse. The false articles in the media, the false word-of-mouth "facts", etc. It's just stupid.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    06-29-12 09:06 AM

I think the saddest thing about this is the fact that people are completely oblivious to the fact that this RIM-hatred isn't necessary, and it's making everything worse. The false articles in the media, the false word-of-mouth "facts", etc. It's just stupid.
    No, the saddest part is the level of co-dependency and excuse-making for RIM around here. It is NOT helpful. It's not even realistic.

It's the equivalent of saying about a known alcoholic "well, at least you are getting vitamin C from the orange juice in your screwdriver"

THAT is the saddest part...

-CFOT
    jclif likes this.
    06-29-12 09:09 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD