Just for the record the procedure to remove the carrier screen and reset the BB to be like an engineering unit is called debranding, and it requires the use of illegal software. We have decided NOT to support this at CrackBerry.com, and have a policy against discussing it and providing help and instructions about it. Naming it is about as far as we go here. So PLEASE no links. If the info is at Howard Forum, go there, but please keep it off of CB. (dictoresno & Scrid did not cross the line)
    yea i know how to use it and have before, but i wont give out instructions or links on how to.

i was simply explaining the 2 possible reasons for coming across the engineering unit boot screen. since i doubt someone rebranded it themselves, its gotta be a true engineering unit.

but if the OP is getting blackberry data to work, then the PIN isnt blocked. there are only 3 things that can be hiding the icon that i can think of.

1.) the icon was previously hidden, try selecting "show all" in the menu
    2.) theres a service book or lack thereof thats blocking the icon. (similar to the at& service book that blocks BB Maps)
    3.) the icon is hidden in an instant messaging folder or somewhere else.

im curious OP, when you go to the app switcher (push and hold the menu button), does the BBM icon show up there?

also i would recommend totally deleting the BBM app from the phone then try redownloading it. not just reinstalling it over itself over and over.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 01-18-11 at 10:55 PM.
    01-18-11 10:52 PM
    Everyone is cool at this point, so relax.
    01-18-11 11:20 PM
    i think the OP has some modules messed up. he claims the internet and emails are working. i would definitely say he should fully delete BBM from the phone, then reinstall it not just overwrite it.
    01-18-11 11:30 PM
    yea i know how to use it and have before, but i wont give out instructions or links on how to.

i was simply explaining the 2 possible reasons for coming across the engineering unit boot screen. since i doubt someone rebranded it themselves, its gotta be a true engineering unit.

but if the OP is getting blackberry data to work, then the PIN isnt blocked. there are only 3 things that can be hiding the icon that i can think of.

1.) the icon was previously hidden, try selecting "show all" in the menu
    2.) theres a service book or lack thereof thats blocking the icon. (similar to the at& service book that blocks BB Maps)
    3.) the icon is hidden in an instant messaging folder or somewhere else.

im curious OP, when you go to the app switcher (push and hold the menu button), does the BBM icon show up there?

also i would recommend totally deleting the BBM app from the phone then try redownloading it. not just reinstalling it over itself over and over.
    Even in AppSwitcher, the icon is not there.

Yes, I deleted it and downloaded it again last night (for the 9th time)
    01-19-11 12:40 AM
    have you tried wiping the handheld and reinstalling the OS?
    01-19-11 01:06 AM
    have you tried wiping the handheld and reinstalling the OS?
    not yet..but i'm goin to do that. Thanks anyway..
    01-19-11 01:08 AM
    not to throw fuel on the fire, but...

i'm still curious as to how the OP got their BB.
    01-19-11 04:43 AM
    not to throw fuel on the fire, but...

i'm still curious as to how the OP got their BB.
    see post #16
    01-19-11 05:03 AM
    I'll sum up a couple facts here with regards to illuvatar.

I had them run a network diagnostics, and BlackBerry connections abort.

There is no way to debrand a 9700.

There is no way to shrink out of an OS the ability to connect with RIM servers.

They need to contact their carrier, as suggested days ago, and either resolve the service book issue, or be told once and for all it's pin is blocked.
    01-19-11 05:10 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD