Don't know why I'm surprised, but c'mon, no 9900/9930? Really? Even Nokia received some credit as a "niche player".

Now that we know how the iPhone 4S stacks up against the iPhone 4, let's take a look at how Apple's latest smartphone compares to its mightiest competitors on the other major platforms -- Android and Windows Phone. In Google's camp we chose the superlative Samsung Galaxy S II models (focusing on the announced US variants) along with the Motorola Droid Bionic for its qHD and LTE chops. We then picked the upcoming HTC Titan to bat for Microsoft's team. RIM's not included here since it's still stuck in the junior leagues.

iPhone 4S vs. the smartphone elite: Galaxy S II, Bionic and Titan -- Engadget
    10-04-11 04:53 PM
    Whatever. Sales numbers will speak for themselves.
    10-04-11 04:54 PM
    Financial Statements for Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc - Google Finance

Financial Statements for Research In Motion Limited (USA) - Google Finance

2498.TW Analyst Estimates | HTC CORPORATION TWD10 Stock - Yahoo! Canada Finance

Its too much work if not impossible to get comparison info from Samsung since product lines are consolidated. HTC Apple and RIM are probably the only companies making money. Not even gonna bother with Microsoft...
    10-04-11 07:06 PM
    "RIM's not included here since it's still stuck in the junior leagues"

In reality, they left RIM off the list because RIM's flagship phone isn't a keyboard-less slab of glass and plastic like everything else. They could have just left it alone since it doesn't really fit into the comparison, but no, they had to take a jab at RIM. Engadget is such a flaming pile of dog waste.
    10-04-11 07:34 PM
    This is exactly why I haven't read an Endgadget review on any phone or product in the last year. They are highly subjective to their own brands and don't give anything a fair chance. Now Phonedog, TechnoBuffalo on the other hand. I understand Engadget is a well known company and is following the trends to give the readers what they want, but come on.
    10-04-11 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD