^
    I said everything ten times already...
    So I'll just repeat the most simplest thought:

Does the HUB (read as BB10) support her messaging apps of choice?
    No?

Then it's not a solution.
    Why?
    Because the author says it more than once, that the unified inbox she searches, has to support the apps she uses.

Is this really so hard to comprehend or accept?

(btw: where did I say that the HUB doesn't work for apps available to the BB10 platform? Did I miss the part where I said that)

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 12:53 PM
    ^

Does the HUB support her messaging apps of choice?
    No?

Why?
    Because the author says it more than once, that the unified inbox she searches, has to support the apps she uses.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's being interpreted as you attacking BBRY and defending the author.

LOL.
    08-28-14 12:55 PM
    I think it's being interpreted as you attacking BBRY and defecting the author.

LOL.
    I think I got that by now

But neither am I attacking BlackBerry (is it an attack to say that her messaging apps aren't available on BB10, and therefore the HUB?) nor do I defend her (because her point holds true, that nothing exists that would fulfil her needs).

It's like the community needs the drama, because there is nothing else to talk about....

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-28-14 12:59 PM
    ^

Does the HUB (read as BB10) support her messaging apps of choice?
    No?

Why?

(btw: where did I say that the HUB doesn't work for apps available to the BB10 platform? Did I miss the part where I said that)

Posted via CB10
    Then why did she edit the article? If you've read the article carefully, she didn't say earlier that it has to be available on her phone (iphone). She talks about smartphone generally. I don't know why you're defending her so bad.. She wrote an article without enough research. Then after she got response from many people, she edited the article, stating that the hub is the closest to what she had mentioned. And the hub supports many (if not most) apps of her choice (she mentioned email, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Whatsapp, and SMS). Let's just put this debate to rest. This is going nowhere. She did write the article without enough research, that's a fact. She overlooked BlackBerry Hub, that's a fact too. Maybe you didn't read the original article, before she edited it.
    08-28-14 01:23 PM
    I made a list of the apps she mentioned and out of 12, only 2 are to be found in BBW.

I read the unedited article and had no idea she edited it when I made my first comments.

And since the beginning, I said that the HUB won't work for her, because it doesn't support the 10 out of 12 apps she uses.

You are totally besides the point of what I am saying.

But yes, I agree with you.
    She should have researched the subject at hand a little bit better.
    But the conclusion would have been the same, as the HUB is no solution for her, since BB10 doesn't have the messaging apps she uses.

How often will I have to repeat that?
    Just give me an estimate plz.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:35 PM
    Here's the response from the Inside BlackBerry blog. "There's a hub for That".
    TgeekB and undone like this.
    08-28-14 01:47 PM
    Edit: Awh, I got ninja'd

BlackBerry put up a direct response now, I actually liked it. They address the situation a little less aggressively than some of the commentators:
    Engadget Readers Endorse BlackBerry Hub as Solution to ?Messaging?s Mission Impossible? | Inside BlackBerry
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-28-14 at 02:08 PM.
    TgeekB and clickitykeys like this.
    08-28-14 01:47 PM
    The comments are enthusiastic, but positive and civil. Good show by BlackBerry users, imo. I'd bet it has forced some people to take a look.

Posted via CB10
    Unlike on here. LOL.

Sent from my N5
    08-28-14 02:20 PM
    I made a list of the apps she mentioned and out of 12, only 2 are to be found in BBW.

I read the unedited article and had no idea she edited it when I made my first comments.

And since the beginning, I said that the HUB won't work for her, because it doesn't support the 10 out of 12 apps she uses.

You are totally besides the point of what I am saying.

But yes, I agree with you.
    She should have researched the subject at hand a little bit better.
    But the conclusion would have been the same, as the HUB is no solution for her, since BB10 doesn't have the messaging apps she uses.

How often will I have to repeat that?
    Just give me an estimate plz.

Posted via CB10
    You still fail to grasp the point. She didn't write the article saying "X amount of apps I'd like to see in a universal inbox".

She said she'd like the function itself. That's the point. If today 10/12 apps she's missing comes to BlackBerry, can they be incorporated into the hub? YES! Then end of story.

You really really are failing to back up her claim. **** poor attempt imo.

Also the problem with the point you are raising is she doesn't and never intended to list the apps that are a "must have " for everyone. Everyone uses different apps and she didn't start off her article with that idea in mind so excuses excuses excuses

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    ibpluto and clickitykeys like this.
    08-28-14 02:21 PM

It's like the community needs the drama, because there is nothing else to talk about....

Posted via CB10
    Ain't that the truth!

Sent from my N5
    08-28-14 02:21 PM
    HOW CAN THE HUB BE WHAT SHE SEARCHES FOR, IF TUE HUB DOESN'T SUPPORT 90% OF THE APPS SHE USES TO COMMUNICATE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    I don't know, really. Judging by all those capitals, it would be really good for you to cool down and take your own advice. Shouting only amplifies the drama that you are complaining about.
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 08-28-14 at 04:12 PM.
    MarsupilamiX and spikesolie like this.
    08-28-14 03:59 PM
236 ... 8910