Pkb had their chance and at the time they were great. However, technology keeps evolving constantly and pkb are useless right now. I see a lot of people excited about the new upcoming pkb blackberry but its just the die hard fans. No other people are going to buy it. That's it. I only see another failure. The company needs a focus. They need to get things together and realize that only a handful will buy their pkb phones. They need to put peoples attention back to them. They need marketing and a different UI like Samsung and LG. LG came out of nowhere with their G line and succeeded. I like the hub it is a great idea but if nobody knows about it people are not gonna buy it. What they need to do? A flagship phone with no pkb and a mid range with a lot of marketing if they want to succeed on android.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 11:19 PM
    I just posted a thread arguing that there is a case for PBK hardware. I won't rehash all of it here, but basically, I'll challenge your point with a question: how many people are going to buy Nextbit Robin phones? Or better yet, Jolla/Sailfish-based phones? The Robin at least runs Android. But even then, the market for the Robin is not the same as the total addressable market for Android devices because they haven't proven that anyone will buy this device over the much more established competition. So, let's say that 1B Android phones will be sold this year. How many will be Nextbit Robins? 0.009%? Even less? That would amount to 9M devices sold--I think a PBK device could sell in those numbers.
    09-18-16 11:47 PM
    Not enough numbers. All of them have failed one after another. I want blackberry to keep making phones. I like their phones but it seems that their going way down and keep making the same mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 11:53 PM
    There is very much a market pkb phones
    BlackBerry just doesn't need to screw anything up
    Classic was let down by the size of the trackpad, the specs and BB10 itself
    The priv was let down by the price and the keyboard itself
    Now Rome will have a proper bold type keyboard. If BlackBerry doesn't screw up the performance, or the price. It could really sell.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-19-16 12:09 AM
    Not enough numbers. All of them have failed one after another. I want blackberry to keep making phones. I like their phones but it seems that their going way down and keep making the same mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    If you "like" their phones then how can you diss on the PKB? PKB is what the company is known for (among other things of course).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Sairos and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-19-16 12:40 AM
    PS I just spent a couple weeks on my iphone, put up with and all the typos (typing and voice to text) to install ios10 and test it out. Couldn't wait to pop the sim back into this 9900 and have stress free typing with physical positive feedback with a little "crack" on every keystroke.

Ursus Rufus and Plazmic Flame like this.
    09-19-16 12:43 AM
    Pkb had their chance and at the time they were great. However, technology keeps evolving constantly and pkb are useless right now. I see a lot of people excited about the new upcoming pkb blackberry but its just the die hard fans. No other people are going to buy it. That's it. I only see another failure. The company needs a focus. They need to get things together and realize that only a handful will buy their pkb phones. They need to put peoples attention back to them. They need marketing and a different UI like Samsung and LG. LG came out of nowhere with their G line and succeeded. I like the hub it is a great idea but if nobody knows about it people are not gonna buy it. What they need to do? A flagship phone with no pkb and a mid range with a lot of marketing if they want to succeed on android.

Posted via CB10
    They have put out pkb devices on an OS with no app support. Lets see what happens with a pkb device on android.
    09-19-16 12:44 AM
    There is very much a market pkb phones
    BlackBerry just doesn't need to screw anything up
    Classic was let down by the size of the trackpad, the specs and BB10 itself
    The priv was let down by the price and the keyboard itself
    Now Rome will have a proper bold type keyboard. If BlackBerry doesn't screw up the performance, or the price. It could really sell.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    In another thread, someone suggested that one of Blackberry's problems is that they haven't picked a few device styles and stuck with them. Every BlackBerry 10 device has looked dramatically different: Z10, Q10, Z30, Leap, Passport, Classic, Priv, Dtek50...

One response was that Blackberry is trying to see what sells before settling on a formfactor. Sorry, but if Blackberry is hoping that one device will sell like hotcakes and become the template for future devices, it's not going to happen. Blackberry lost a lot of trust by going for long stretches without releasing new hardware. And we still see the same thing happening now. Why can't Blackberry take existing designs like the Passport and Classic and make incremental updates each year? Changes like spec bumps and relatively minor design improvements.

There's a lot to be said about consistency, and if the company is going to remain committed to hardware, then it needs to make sure users have an upgrade path for their particular form-factor. Stop throwing a bunch of designs at the wall to see what sticks. Pick PBK and VBK form-factors and refresh them at every year with spec improvements and other changes while largely keeping the overall design the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 01:44 AM
    That's what I'm trying to say. They keep changing models and names over and over again. They should stick to passport running android and another all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 02:38 AM
    If you "like" their phones then how can you diss on the PKB? PKB is what the company is known for (among other things of course).

Because no one uses pkb anymore. I'm writing this on a z10 and I love the vkb. The passport attract a little attention but not for the pkb but for the form factor. It didn't sell well but was able to grab attention.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 02:43 AM
    Because no one uses pkb anymore. I'm writing this on a z10 and I love the vkb. The passport attract a little attention but not for the pkb but for the form factor. It didn't sell well but was able to grab attention.

Posted via CB10
    Supposedly 11 million of the 20 million total BB users globally are still using the PKB.

So that is quite a statement to make. You cannot say "NO ONE!!" Because that is absolute nonsense.

09-19-16 02:47 AM
    In case you have forgotten, Blackberry is coming out with a new one and you have already condemmned it to death before it is in the showrooms. Not cool.

09-19-16 02:48 AM
    I'm so glad I went for the Priv. Pkb for me is here to stay

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Sigewif and Mirko935 like this.
    09-19-16 02:53 AM
    The passport attract a little attention but not for the pkb but for the form factor.
    How do you know they didn't want the PP for the KB? From what I recall many people that bought it wanted it for the PKB and the form factor was just a bonus. I mean....I'm confident they KNEW they were buying a PKB device the second they saw it.

Again, you make these ABSOLUTE generalizations that just rub me the wrong way.

09-19-16 02:59 AM
    Then why are sales still going down?? All companies had their pkb phones back then. They evolve with technology.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-19-16 03:05 AM
    Then why are sales still going down?? All companies had their pkb phones back then. They evolve with technology.

Posted via CB10
    Because the iphone came in 2007 and changed everything. Blackberry kept things the same for too long and were criticized for not being innovative enough. Even when Blackberry went with Android and developed glass screens it didn't help much.

But since Blackberry already offers glass slab devices with any Android app you can possibly want, what is your issue with Blackberry ALSO offering a PKB? There are still people that demand it.

Now if you were to initially say "No one uses PKB devices globally compared to Apple and all Android devices then I would have agreed with you.

But my point is don't be dissing on a type of keyboard that millions still love and give it a death sentence before it is out yet. People speak highly of their PP and Priv's for having a PKB.

I don't come to your house and say "I don't like your dog, you should get a different one." So don't be telling others what they want to use for a device either.

09-19-16 03:11 AM
    Mass market wants vkb. Not me. I'm not the one demanding it. I loved my BlackBerry curve 8520 back then and I still have it. But facts are facts and that pkb lovers is not even 1%. If you want the company to keep making phones you'll want them to succeed in the business.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 03:22 AM
    Mass market wants vkb. Not me. I'm not the one demanding it. I loved my BlackBerry curve 8520 back then and I still have it. But facts are facts and that pkb lovers is not even 1%. If you want the company to keep making phones you'll want them to succeed in the business.

Posted via CB10
    Companies in the past also got big by offering more CHOICES. So since there are also Glass Androids from Blackberry you should have no issues with a PKB offered.

Total global Blackberry users is what....1.5%?

So if we are on a sinking boat and sticking with Blackberry, I will still choose what I want and you choose yours.

Mirko935 likes this.
    09-19-16 03:26 AM
    Mass market wants vkb.
    The mass market wants VKB but Blackberry offering glass didn't help too much either. It didn't help Nokia and Windows either, so what.

09-19-16 03:29 AM
    Nokia surpassed blackberry. They focus on camera, lower and mid range phones and put windows phone to 3% market share at their peak. The os didn't help and went down quick. People only care about games, apps and specs.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 03:41 AM
    People only care about games, apps and specs.
    This is why Apple did very well.

Mirko935 likes this.
    09-19-16 03:43 AM
    Dude, you don't represent me, so stop saying everyone wants VKB.
    09-19-16 05:29 AM
    If another manufacturer comes along and makes a good PKB device, I'll switch in a heartbeat.

Now, in hindsight, I think it's a shame that that company that did PKB extensions for iPhone got shut down. Now that we know BB have shut down production of PKB devices, it just means there's no choice in the market.
    09-19-16 05:38 AM
    Dude, you don't represent me, so stop saying everyone wants VKB.
    Exactly. You and your folks only represent way less than 1% which technically means almost nothing.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 05:53 AM
    "Mass market" wants cars. Harley and Boeing should stop making motorcycles and jets... Lol.
    09-19-16 05:53 AM
297 123 ...