I posted this question as a comment on a crackberry article about how to use android device manager to track down your PRIV.

If BlackBerry is moving to android, as well founded speculation has it, then does that mean we don't need crackberry? All these recent articles on the PRIV is about how to utilize android applications. Isn't there a site for that in Mobile Nations? Android Central. If there are no more new bb10s, no more BlackBerry operating systems, then what purpose would Crackberry have that Android Central wouldn't cover. I'd say retire or merge. Crackberry can be a running section of Android Central.

Yeah, I'm a bitterman for BlackBerry shifting to android instead of developing their own OS, sue me. And I get the financial reasons etc, but the point of my question is still relevant.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 08:52 AM
    This has been discuss few times..crackberry is here to stay.
    02-02-16 08:54 AM
    There are two issues I see.

The first is that BB10 still exists, and will for some time yet. This is not serviced in Android Central.

Second, many of the Priv users are longtime BlackBerry stock, and are still engaged in this community, and appreciate the BlackBerry slant to the BlackBerry Android initiative that is only provided by Crackberry. Many Priv users, like myself, still dabble in BB10, and still have things to contribute to this community.
    02-02-16 08:58 AM
    No you very well might not need CrackBerry. Too be honest you might not need any tech site.

I know lots of Android and iPhone users that have never visited such sites. But with BlackBerry it's always kinda been a requirements.

I will admit that my 9650 was a stable phone, and I don't remember that I really NEEDED to visits CrackBerry. But for my STORM, PLAYBOOK and Z10 it was very much a requirement for those devices.
    02-02-16 08:59 AM
    It might be the beginning of the end, long term slow roll back a declining active user base for sure.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 11:04 AM
    For myself, the Crackberry site is more then a site to get technical information on Blackberry devices. Its also a site where I have made a lot of great friends over the years and I am still active in three BBM groups that have been going strong for a long time. I think the new Priv users will still come here to look for tips and post about their experience using the device.

Even though the Priv is an Android device, it still has Blackberry engraved on the bezel and has features that make it different then other Android devices out there. As for me, I am here for the long haul and I still enjoy reading and posting on this great site and I will continue to post as long as there are folks out there who enjoy reading them..
    deiop and cyberadje like this.
    02-02-16 11:25 AM
    What is the Blackberry Central site all about. Not Crackberry by any stretch but appears fairly new. Od for a so called dead company

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:19 PM
    Nothing lasts forever. Kevin did not..if only I could predict the future, I would be GOD. Enjoy while you can and rant less

Posted via CB10
    zuraizul likes this.
    02-02-16 12:36 PM
    In my opinion is more relevant that there are just close to two Operating Systems in the world, where Android is leading the whole market being in the 80% of the smartphones around the planet.

This scares me a lot and I don't get why nobody puts an hand on that with an ad hoc law to limit Google's monopoly...

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 01:44 PM
    There are no real news about BB10 anymore. Thats why I choose the forum and not the news section when i visit CB10.
    The next step for me will be complete quit and delete CB10, when there are no more good BB10 threads on this forums.

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-02-16 02:17 PM
    There are no real news about BB10 anymore. Thats why I choose the forum and not the news section when i visit CB10.
    The next step for me will be complete quit and delete CB10, when there are no more good BB10 threads on this forums.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Even I were the last person here, posting into the wilderness, I don't think I could ever bring myself to delete CB - too many happy memories Also agree with the poster above - who knows what the future holds, enjoy CB while we have it.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-02-16 04:26 PM
    CrackBerry existed before BlackBerry 10!

It transitioned from BBOS to BlackBerry 10 and is now transitioning to BlackBerry Android.

I believe BlackBerry is positioned to do some very unique and BlackBerryesque features within Android including various security extensions.

Thus, CrackBerry has every reason to continue to exist IMHO!

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-02-16 04:59 PM