I just wanted to say that that end of Blackberry thread is complete B.S. Blackberry is going NOWHERE! Palm is no competition and the iPhone doesnt have BB Messenger, an actual keyboard, and is geared to people who want entertainment and media. The BB is the working man's phone. Corporations don't hand out iPhones, they hand out BBs. So let that be a reminder, that all 19 million of us aren't (like Blackberry) going ANYWHERE!!
    02-20-09 06:58 AM
    I just wanted to say that that end of Blackberry thread is complete B.S. Blackberry is going NOWHERE! Palm is no competition and the iPhone doesnt have BB Messenger, an actual keyboard, and is geared to people who want entertainment and media. The BB is the working man's phone. Corporations don't hand out iPhones, they hand out BBs. So let that be a reminder, that all 19 million of us aren't (like Blackberry) going ANYWHERE!!

well said!
    02-20-09 07:02 AM
    Thanks Amber, whoever started that thread was on the pipe! Long Live Blackberry!!
    02-20-09 07:03 AM
    Haha seriously...I see more bbs in a day then I ever seen an iphone! I work with a pretty large corporation and I'll be damned if you ever see someone with an iphone. Iphones are for playing and not getting anything done...while bbs are for work/play! The best of both worlds.

Hopefully whoever started that thread put the pipe down and stepped away.
    02-20-09 07:05 AM
    I agree completely with your post! There is a Chicken Little around every corner...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 07:06 AM
    Next thing you know, they'll be posting that we have a Marxist for President, I mean.....oh well, never mind.

Dasvidanya tovarisches!

02-20-09 07:27 AM
    Even in India ,,,Blackberry is the highest selling smartphone,otherthan all Bussiness Phone,,..
    02-20-09 07:41 AM
    The OP is totally wrong. There are not 19 million Blackberry users.

RIM recently (last month, I think) that they had now shipped their 50 millionth Blackberry. I guess that the OP must be happy to be wrong.

The thing that alot of people miss about BlackBerrys is that a BlackBerry is not one phone. It is a Pearl with its small size, it is a Bold with 3G, an 8900 with its good looks and high reliability, an 8220 that is a flip phone and a Storm that has a touch screen. All Blackberrys work pretty much the same so if you can use one, you can use them all.

On top of this, they work in nearly every language and support just about every connection type available. They can be configured by the carroiers who sell them to support many specific features.

No other manufactuere can claim this about their phones.

RIM has stiff competeition for its market space but, that is what improves the breed and keeps them on their toes.
    02-20-09 07:49 AM
    Pete, the OP may have been mistaken about the #'s but the actual meaning of the post is clear- that BlackBerry isnt going anywhere and a thread that said it was is complete BS. So in essence, s/he wasnt totally wrong.

As far as cooperations not handing out iPhones, one must remember that the iPod was a music device. The iPhone still carries the stigma, for lack of a better phrase, of being an overpriced iPod that happens to make phone calls.

When I got my iPhone, I was thrilled because it did the things I thought I needed it to do; but then after the hype wore off, I realized that my needs and what the iPhone wanted me to have, didnt mix well. So I sold it for $500.
    02-20-09 08:28 AM
    Pete, the OP may have been mistaken about the #'s but the actual meaning of the post is clear- that BlackBerry isnt going anywhere and a thread that said it was is complete BS. So in essence, s/he wasnt totally wrong.

As far as cooperations not handing out iPhones, one must remember that the iPod was a music device. The iPhone still carries the stigma, for lack of a better phrase, of being an overpriced iPod that happens to make phone calls.

When I got my iPhone, I was thrilled because it did the things I thought I needed it to do; but then after the hype wore off, I realized that my needs and what the iPhone wanted me to have, didnt mix well. So I sold it for $500.

couldn't of said it any better!
    02-20-09 08:35 AM
    Who ever said BB is going down was just trying to get a rise.
    02-20-09 09:05 AM
    Well my BB is going somewhere...... To brunch with me today.

02-20-09 10:03 AM
    The OP is totally wrong. There are not 19 million Blackberry users.

RIM recently (last month, I think) that they had now shipped their 50 millionth Blackberry. I guess that the OP must be happy to be wrong.

The thing that alot of people miss about BlackBerrys is that a BlackBerry is not one phone. It is a Pearl with its small size, it is a Bold with 3G, an 8900 with its good looks and high reliability, an 8220 that is a flip phone and a Storm that has a touch screen. All Blackberrys work pretty much the same so if you can use one, you can use them all.

On top of this, they work in nearly every language and support just about every connection type available. They can be configured by the carroiers who sell them to support many specific features.

No other manufactuere can claim this about their phones.

RIM has stiff competeition for its market space but, that is what improves the breed and keeps them on their toes.
    50 million units shipped is not the same as 19 million users as noone has their original BB as well as all units shipped are NOT all currently activated on RIM's server. Those numbers are two totally seperate scenerios. Blackberry rocks I can agree on that. Lol.

Last edited by dwp1975; 02-20-09 at 10:26 AM.
    02-20-09 10:12 AM
    Granted some of the apps are neat for the Iphone. They seem useless overall, like that one where you can shake the phone to find out where to go for dinner! Are people really that much of sheep, that they need their phone to tell them where to eat! What is even scarier is these sheep will be entering the workforce soon And how about that guy who created the Scorched earth remake app, is being hailed as a genius..........
    02-20-09 10:24 AM
    Granted some of the apps are neat for the Iphone. They seem useless overall, like that one where you can shake the phone to find out where to go for dinner! Are people really that much of sheep, that they need their phone to tell them where to eat! What is even scarier is these sheep will be entering the workforce soon And how about that guy who created the Scorched earth remake app, is being hailed as a genius..........
    They are already in the workforce, and believe or not we are that damn lazy in today's world. If someone create the iWipe app. that wiped your behind for iPhone users it would be the #1 app in iTunes...lol
    02-20-09 10:28 AM
    Approximately 2.6 million net new BlackBerry� subscriber accounts were added in the quarter. At the end of the quarter, the total BlackBerry subscriber account base increased from the prior quarter by approximately 14% to approximately 21 million.

"RIM launched an unprecedented number of BlackBerry smartphones in the third quarter and these new products are being adopted at an even faster pace than we expected. Our industry leading product portfolio is positioned well to capitalize on the increasing market opportunity in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2009 and beyond."

Good enough for me, RIM and BlackBerry are in this for the long haul.

02-20-09 12:32 PM
    Yep, confirms what a lot of folks suspected. Cool.

02-20-09 12:34 PM
    true were not going anywhere. i live in minerva ohio where everyone drives a beat up truck goes hunting and chews tobacco but i just saw a guy get out of his truck gave his dog a toy to chew on in the bed and pulled out his blackberry and started to txt. ...
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-20-09 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Language, keep it family friendly
    02-20-09 12:36 PM
    Very well said! I would like to also point out that many of us are "run of the mill" people that use BB's to simplify our lives and the number of regular consumers buying BB's is rising quite rapidly. Blackberry, Crackberry and the users aren't going anywhere. We are here to stay!!!! Blackberry Forever!!!

~Jazzi~

02-20-09 12:57 PM
    wow, thanks everyone! I was a little scrambled when I saw the End of BB thread! But, I really was sure that it was 19 mil, but 50??? WOW, we really are here to stay!!!
    02-20-09 03:25 PM
    They are called SHEEPLE....
    And we are a country filled with them!
    02-20-09 03:33 PM
    i will never own another phone again.
    02-20-09 03:33 PM
    wow, thanks everyone! I was a little scrambled when I saw the End of BB thread! But, I really was sure that it was 19 mil, but 50??? WOW, we really are here to stay!!!
    Another thread from someone who drank the BB Kool-Aid.

As long as people maintain your thought process there is no reason for RIM
    to make the improvements we (the non-deluded) know that RIM can make. But
    sure go on cheerleading what is essentially a substandard and stuck in the past
    group of devices.

And as far as RIM's place in the smartphone market.

1) Symbian - 46.6%
    2) IPhone - 17.3%
    3) Blackberry - 15.2% Yeah, that is really stellar performance in the
    marketplace.

I just switched my entire town (296 employees)to Nokia and 99% of the
    employees are happier and more productive than they were with their BB's.

While the B is a good device, it is not "the end all and be all" of phones.
    Except on this site, of course
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-20-09 at 05:59 PM.
    02-20-09 05:54 PM
    I was waiting for a shot of reality. Thanks (yet again) for being the voice of reason, AG.
    02-20-09 06:17 PM
    I was waiting for a shot of reality. Thanks (yet again) for being the voice of reason, AG.
    Not sure if it was reality or comic relief, just glad to get it off my chest
    02-20-09 06:19 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD